Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Schools

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clisty1989

Whats the best way of approaching them? School im looking at doesnt have a windy, i know this because its at the end of my garden so no travelling required (see photo). Who the best person to talk to? Any advice would be welcomeView attachment 8113

I talked to him every morning and after noon when picking her up I just said one day as a laugh you need to get your ladder out and clean the windows you lazy t##£

As we used to joke

Then next day he asked me how much and it went from there.

They may ask you for a dbs

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I'm a caretaker at a school as well as being on the glass. I don't clean the Windows at my school except for the main entrance and that's when I am there. They can't afford it. When I first set up WFP I got quotes from 5 companies ( most have to get 3 for consideration ) to see what they charge, I put the prices in front of the head teacher and she was surprised by how cheap they were (between 300-500). If it's council run you will be very lucky to get in as there really isn't money in the pot for 'extras' like window cleaning. As an example my budget for the year is £6000 - we need new boilers, new pipework throughout, every classroom needs painting, and all the corridor flooring is knackered..... it goes on...... If they don't have a cleaner and they are run as an academy then get friendly with the caretaker and you might get in. You will need full RAMS, COSHH and £5M liability insurance from my experience though. They aren't as bothered about DBS checks unless you are cleaning while the kids are there. And yes I clean other schools in the area, just none that are council run. If it is an academy run school you may get the other schools who they are in

partnership with (consortium). I do a group of four schools once a year - and they are a PITA

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'm a caretaker at a school as well as being on the glass. I don't clean the Windows at my school except for the main entrance and that's when I am there. They can't afford it. When I first set up WFP I got quotes from 5 companies ( most have to get 3 for consideration ) to see what they charge, I put the prices in front of the head teacher and she was surprised by how cheap they were (between 300-500). If it's council run you will be very lucky to get in as there really isn't money in the pot for 'extras' like window cleaning. As an example my budget for the year is £6000 - we need new boilers, new pipework throughout, every classroom needs painting, and all the corridor flooring is knackered..... it goes on...... If they don't have a cleaner and they are run as an academy then get friendly with the caretaker and you might get in. You will need full RAMS, COSHH and £5M liability insurance from my experience though. They aren't as bothered about DBS checks unless you are cleaning while the kids are there. And yes I clean other schools in the area, just none that are council run. If it is an academy run school you may get the other schools who they are inpartnership with (consortium). I do a group of four schools once a year - and they are a PITA

Thanks, one question, why would you need COSHH if you only using pure? Its non hazardous

If you are only using pure and don't carry anything else on to site then you don't. Good luck just using pure on Windows that haven't been cleaned for years. I have - as a minimum - Virosol, UPVC cleaner, isopropanol alcohol, viakal and diesel for my heater. If you have external ports you might get away with some blurb in your method statement about the van being locked at all times or cleaning only takes place outside of school hours, but why not just cover your ar$e and have all the info ready?

Back