Ever reduced a price off your own back?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by CMRwindowcleaning, Feb 4, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. CMRwindowcleaning

CMRwindowcleaning Active Member

Done a job today took half the time of the first clean I went in high on this job as its in an affluent area and it's a large property but even I felt like o was taking the biscuit. Anyway I dropped the price just a £10.00 customer was extremely happy and I told her its for loyalty and because the cleaning time was greatly reduced from the first clean. Anyone else ever done this??

Advertisement
  2. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I dropped a £50 price by a tenner because I did it so fast. They were delighted. I don't make a habit of it though. ;)

3. Markyboy 50

I've never done it. Ever

4. LouisAMS

LouisAMS Member

I'm thinking of it for a job.

But then some are a bit under while others are a bit higher...?!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

5. Markyboy 50

A quote is a quote. If u get it under its unlikely they will offer u more. Same applies with charging to much

6. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I've had a couple of jobs lately which I somehow under quoted. I spoke to both customers, apologised and told them what the new price would be if they wanted me to continue and both were understanding and accepted the new price. Just have a word with them mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have a customer who is £25 from my trad days
    Since then i have her daughter and brother as customers
    It doesn't take me more than 30 minutes so i dropped it to 20 and said that's because i am quicker now I'm wfp

And that is 30 minutes with customer watching as she has a fair bit of conservatory
    More like 20 when no one is in

8. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

no but theres a few i do where i think kinell i wouldnt pay £15 for 10 mins work

but i have a few i think, i wish id have quoted this higher

so i dont mind

9. Iron Giant

Iron Giant Active Member

Nope custy agreed to quote so therefore price stays the same , You're earning to much mate :)

10. kahoona

kahoona Well-Known Member

Last week got a call from a tenant needing an urgent clean for end of tenancy, as it happens I was update to on my round so I agreed to "squeeze" her in and quoted £35 based on a quick drive by viewing (resident only parking area). I arrange to go there 2 days later, the job only took me 25 mins, so I billed her £25.

I have a few jobs on my round that in hindsight I have overpriced, but I would not reduce those prices, if the customer says in the future they have been given lower quote by another windy, at least I have some room to revise my price if I wanted to keep them on.

Advertisement