Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Brushes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J and S

Ordered 2 new brushes form Gardiners and asked for one with pencil jets and one with fan jets to try the fan jets out.

Not a big fan of them...see what I did there...my question is how do you get the b*ggers out to replace them.

I quite like Gardiner's fanjets. I've tried several others and found that a couple of them actually turn much of the water to mist which then drifts away on the air. My feeling was that the water is best kept on the glass to assist with cleaning/rinsing. I don't have that problem with Gardiner's red ones. They fan the water without vaporising it.

Can't get the hose off the jet connection.
Dribble a boiled kettle of hot water over them to soften the plastic tubing. The tubing will pull off much easier. Please be careful not to scold yourself.

The jets are a press fit into the brush stock so will need to be pushed out into the bristles. We have a flat headed round punch which does the job. I would imagine the back of a drill bit or similar will work as well.

You just have to be a little more careful and the jets are plastic.

I haven't tried Gardiner fan jets but you need to spend sometime with them, adjusting the flow until you find the best flow rate. I found the Lumax fans I bought turned the water into a mist as @Marko067 says and turning the flow down didn't achieve a good rinse rate. We use Varistreams and flow rate changes are in big 'jumps' whereas the Spring controllers have finer controller settings.

Saying that, one of the new starters around here is using Gardiner fans on a low flow rate and he is managing ok. He used to work for another cleaner, so knows the difference between fans and pencils.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a 5l/min max flow rate pump and can get good results with Gardiner's fans with my flow rate set as low as 40% depending on the ease of the clean. On first cleans I usually set it to 50-60%

Back