Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Paint on driveway

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

Someone ask me to clean a driveway an a small part of a side wall on the house which has paint on, i didnt manage to take pictures.

Its just normal paint for painting inside the house, but it looks like the tin fell over an leaked over the driveway an not sure how it got on the side wall an it looks like it has all been there for a while.

Will the pressure washer remove the paint from the driveway an the wall or would you need to put some chemical on it first...

Also, im not sure if pressure washing the wall would be okay that might damage the actual wall?

Any ideas

I would stay well clear if I were you.

You cant guarantee a result that is going to be anything close to perfect and may not even be able to get it to "acceptable". To get it off you would probably need high pressure + some paint strippers/ removers and they may well stain the surface underneath.

This is one I suspect will be far more trouble than its worth.

If it's normal emulsion wall paint then a pressure washer will rip it off no problem. If it's a proper gloss then that may give you some difficulty.

Back