Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Craigyboy007

HI a bought a new variflo pump as my old one wasn't drawing water up through the pipe fitted it yesterday was fine for while then tried today and the exact same problem has now occurred so it's defo not the pump however the leisure battery I use is low and sometimes the letter u comes up which I know stops it working so does any one know if this will be the problem or have you experienced the same problem please help

If your battery has low charge that will more than likely be your problem, you shouldn't let a leisure battery go lower than 50/60% and certainly never let one go flat!

Cheers for the reply mate a never new that about the leisure battery so thanks mate its currently on charge so will hook it up in the morning and see if that has been the problem cheers mate
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Hi Craigyboy007, is it a trolley system or may be a back pack your using ?

From what I can make out are you drawing your water from the top of your tank rather than having the outlet at the bottom?

The connection from the battery iso the problem I had that last week I bought a new pump still same problem so I bought new controller that told me the battery is low I have a 2 man system and the other controller is telling me the battery is 12.6 and all is fine with that one so went through connections and after that don't no which one it was but now all is working sweet so after £220 later there was nothing wrong with the old pump and controller just a dogey connection but at least I have a spair lol

i had this problem, check you lid on your tank has a breather in it, if you undo the tank lid and you hear some hissing then you need a breather pipe on the tank lid

Hi Craig that's what my new controller said check connection to battery and battery terminals have u got any way of checking the battery voltage just to make shore it's holding charge the paper workfor the varistream controller says L is battery voltage low approx 11.5v hope it helps

Back