Exceed..... value for money?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Kennygggkent, Jul 7, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Kennygggkent

Kennygggkent Transparent Window Cleaning

#1 Kennygggkent, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    Hey Chaps, is it me or is the exceed tube less stuff abit pricey for what it is? I've just set up the univalve and tubeless system, which needs some more tinkering with, but within 5 minutes I've split the hose stay and now I have it in my hand I've realised I paid £10 for the ejector sleeve, which is really just a small bit of plastic that can't have cost much to produce and ship! Granted, we are buying a business product and it's a helpful bit of kit, but £10 for that tiny bit..... really?

I hope I can get the whole thing working well in couple of days but atm I feel abit disappointed.

Advertisement
  2. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

#2 Marko067, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    Though I have ejector sleeves you don't need them if you make a removeable pole spacer. (The bit of tube you slide over the top section of the pole) I just cut a bit out of the side of it so it can be snapped on and of the pole from the side. When you want to remove your hose from the pole, just unclip it, slide the pole down and there's your connector.
    [​IMG]
    A three inch piece of 1/2inch garden hose will do. Just make one cut down the side of it with a Stanley knife and clip it over your pole.

3. Iron Giant

Iron Giant Active Member

Personally for me it was a waste of money in less than an hour I binned it , The easiest thing to do is get a straight inline push fitting cut pole hose a few inches after the base cap on pole place a push fit stem to barb fitting on to that end then push other end of hose into inline push fitting takes less than a minute and total cost is about £2 .

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

That's like i did
    Cut pole hose so it just sticks out the bottom of the pole
    Stick a john guest 8mm pushfit on to rejoin hose
    Job done
    Cost about a quid for the jg fitting
    Keep the 1st section extended about 3cm and the connector is hidden

5. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

I've had the exceed kits two months, they've saved time and hassle for me and I thought the customer service and product worth the money

the part might not be spectacular but to fabricate one yourself in the time it takes to earn £10 might be a challenge

6. Poles Apart

JG job done.

7. super mck

super mck Active Member

Nope love my exceed kits

8. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

The tubeless exceed is woffle, the hose is brilliant as well as the univalve

9. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

DIY :thumbsup:

10. dredge3

dredge3 Well-Known Member

Had all his gear from day 1. Still going strong. Not as fond of his univalve, but does the job

Advertisement