Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Considering lowering my prices

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It does surprise me now how many people that have set up in this job and us "veterans" we have to up our game with wfp, signwritten van, smartly turned out etc, to keep in front of the insurgents, keeps us on our toes I suppose.

Unless you go out canvassing as already said you won't grow your rounds , But when canvassing be as professional as possible all out uniform with business name .
I don't wear a uniform, but I do dress a little less scruffy, people round here tend to like the slightly scruffy windy whos also more professional looking than a bloke in a tracksuit obviously on the dole more than the ones in a full uniform with a smart van.

Yes it takes longer to achieve but having a 'happy' round is priceless.
Couldn't agree more :thumbsup:

Happy round wins everytime.

Nothing worse then waking up and thinking 'oh cr@p, I'm working in ***** Rd today'

So demoralising!/emoticons/sad.png

I had one on today that I priced up not so far back in the beginning, really hate it and left it till last as I just couldn't bring my self to go there due to pricing it so low.

Should be 25 and charging 15, and have to go over there flat roof and velux so ladders out poles out, vans parked so far from the property I need to use trolley and reel over flat roof, dog **** pore prints on conservatory the full works.

When pricing now I think of that job and a couple of others I have messed up on and just go in with what I want, not what I think they will be happy with.

As for dropping prices, I would not unless your prices are ridicules for the area.

We're all guilty of bad pricing on occasion and then wishing you never took the job on

A couple of mine i must have been on crack when i quoted:rofl:

I have since binned both off

We're all guilty of bad pricing on occasion and then wishing you never took the job onA couple of mine i must have been on crack when i quoted:rofl:

I have since binned both off
Oi thats my line!

Had a guy on our local Facebook pages last week offering a set price of £5 any size house, and that's for a Trad service. I quickly decided he would be getting rubbish work and probably terrible customers. I personally would always want to get the best price I can, even if it meant being patient and not getting masses of customers signing up!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Couldn't agree more :thumbsup:Happy round wins everytime.
This, so much this.

Had a customer ask for a quote, guessed it would take an hour so said 50£ (tax included) and she agreed. Took me 30-40 minutes, and got the job every 8 weeks for 50£.

Now, should I have lowered the price? My thinking is: the customer felt the price was fair, and since the price is that good, I'll really enjoy and look forward to do the job. I would love for all my jobs to feel like that. ☺

Work smarter not harder someone on here said ages ago. I took it to heart. minimum price £10, double for bad first cleans an one offs. I'm more expensive than most local guys. Still l pick up a couple a week. Picked up one couple of weeks ago in a new road, got four there now recommended by customer. I clean them for £12 previous guy was £8.

Stick to your pricing, do a good job and you will grow. Compact work I think comes with time. Longer you work an area more you will pick up.

I've been doing this area for myself 3 years now and it is starting to compact itself with walkups etc

It does happen naturally after a while

This, so much this. Had a customer ask for a quote, guessed it would take an hour so said 50£ (tax included) and she agreed. Took me 30-40 minutes, and got the job every 8 weeks for 50£.

Now, should I have lowered the price? My thinking is: the customer felt the price was fair, and since the price is that good, I'll really enjoy and look forward to do the job. I would love for all my jobs to feel like that. [emoji5]
I have one the same - quoted £35 and it takes me 25-30minutes - love going to this house! I've just reduced it to £30 and the customer was over the moon so - hopefully - I'll have this one for a while now

I know that but when you're new and have bills to pay it isn't so easy to try and maintain target prices. In my area there is a long established trad cleaner that charges £5 to clean 3 and 4 bed semi's. He has 4 men helping him and they do a very good job. Wouldn't like to think how many houses he does. Only chance I've got is house's with conservatories, some of these pay me £10 to clean their windows, majority won't. I could probably get them at £8, but won't. But I'm making enough not to have to, some people might not have that option. 90%+ of my residential enquiries are lost because of what I want to charge.
You can not possibly do a good job for those prices and run a legitimate Business with all the costs it entails they are Dolers.

90%+ of my residential enquiries are lost because of what I want to charge.
If 90% of your quotes are rejected then personally, rather than adjust your pricing I'd suggest changing the area you're working in.

It sounds as if it's the sort of area that just can't support realistic window cleaning prices for whatever reason (tight fisted clients, other windies who just do it for beer vouchers, dolers etc)

Good luck

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Tapatalk

If 90% of your quotes are rejected then personally, rather than adjust your pricing I'd suggest changing the area you're working in.
It sounds as if it's the sort of area that just can't support realistic window cleaning prices for whatever reason (tight fisted clients, other windies who just do it for beer vouchers, dolers etc)

Good luck

This is the reason why I concentrate on commercial work. Even the nicest neighborhoods have the old style trad guys doing houses at poor prices.

I did a H&S course when I first set it up and was talking to a Newcastle windy who warned me Sunderland was renowned for poor prices.

Good luck

Im similar areas to you mate i think. Dont do greenwhich woolwich etc

My minimum is £10 hoghest job which is 4 bed detached is £22. I dont think thats expensive. Just alot of cheap competition out there who i will not compete with £3 - £4 houses.

Good luck

I would agree with this.

This is the conclusion I've finally reached in my area. A good 70% of my quotes are rejected and I'm not particularly expensive. £12 average 3 bed semi, 15 with a conny. I find it rings true for the add on work as well, connys ,fsg and pressure washing I can get great prices on those either.

I mean I can get a full round at my prices that's just a matter of time, I thunk in any area you can get good prices if yiu persevere long enough but if I ever wanted to grow my round in a bug way I would have to lower prices because the volume simply isn't there.

We are looking at moving to a better area end if the year but only once Ibe built a full round where I am, I've started so I'll finish lol.

Back