Exercising

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by rugbywolf, Aug 21, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I always try to keep fit through eating and exercise. I don't actually exercise much as I have a physical job. They say that you should exercise enough to make you heart beat faster, such as rowing, cycling, running etc. Well, my heart beats faster every time I go up a ladder (to bedroom height), so I consider I get enough. Last week, out of interest I decided to keep a log of how many times I climb a ladder to bedroom height, so this does not include half ladders and flat roofs. I only worked three days this week and not full days: Mon 31, Tues 55, Wed 32. doesn't sound too bad, but when you say 118 times in three days, not bad for a 67 year old. I'm going to continue keeping check to see what is the most and average.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

My heart beats faster after I find out my missus has robbed me again which sadly is most day's :D

3. cheapncheerful

thats not bad at all for a 67 year old...er ...a 54 year old probably doesn't do that many climbs so i er...claim my right to the er. what ever amendment it is and say no comment...

4. norm

norm Grand Master

you must have nice tight buttocks rugbywolf

5. seye

seye Forum Addict

As I crawled. Into bed just there I gazed down at my 6 pack of lard well not quite that bad but I'm thinking if I got a bit fitter surely climbing all day would be that bit easier. Trouble is its the last thing you feel like doing at end o day climbing ladders. Upper body work out would be all I need I'm not big but every little helps. nice peachy bum and toned legs we all have.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Oops! I missed a bit :D

[​IMG]

7. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Good form for a 67 year old rugby. This job does keep you fit, though I still try and do about 20 mins exercise about 5 nights a week just to keep everything toned and firm.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm as firm as a Pillsbury Doughboy :D

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I don't need much exercise especially after today.. £160 between 10 and 4 bit when I feel like it a couple times a week I go to the boxing club across the road where my mates uncle runs it..quick go on the weights and then a good cardio workout on the bags
    Occasionally get my ar se kicked sparrimg with him..lol

10. TolishAPurd

I used to do thaiboxing, but the last 2 years I have totally let myself go if I'm honest, but I'm making a real effort to get back into weight training and running again to try and get rid of a bit of lard. I built myself a pullup bar a few weeks back as its one of my favourite exercises, but the extra chunk I've put on has made things a lot more difficult. I'm off for a run in a little bit.

[​IMG]

Advertisement