Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Greetings to all!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Squeaky

Afternoon all, I've been lurking for a while but the forum keeps asking me to introduce myself so I figured I should. /emoticons/tongue.png

I'm currently a 25 year old office jockey who's rather fed up of the pencil pushing life and is looking to move onto window cleaning so I can be a bit more flexible with my time (I have a few mates that do it and it seems like a solid choice). I signed up here so I can get the inside information on the job and so far reading these forums has taught me tonnes about the whole thing. Never realised how much went into it all before. /emoticons/smile.png

I'm aiming to go down the WFP route as I'm really not a fan of heights or ladders, but at the moment it's figuring out whether to use a trolley or sell my trusty fiesta and go for a van with a built in mount. A trolley seems a more practical solution at the moment, but then long term I'm sure I'd need to upgrade at some point anyway, especially since my car is so lacking in power that I know it'll struggle with a couple of hundred liters of water sitting in it.

It's early days, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't apprehensive about making the leap from a cushty and sheltered office life into the outside world... but we're starting the journey there and hopefully with the information I get here and a bit of a leap-of-faith, I can make this work.

So thanks for all the info lads, it's good to be walking among the pros. /emoticons/biggrin.png

You probably gathered by now I tend to do not much work /emoticons/biggrin.png
You're a man after me own heart @Smurf . If it were up to me I'd hibernate year-round. /emoticons/wink.png

Also, thanks for the welcome.

Speaking of which I'm overdue my afteernoon nap so will catch you latters

Bye for now :zzz:

Welcome @Squeaky! When are you looking to take the leap?
Thanks! I'm not really sure yet, I'm definitely hoping it'll be before the end of the year. I like to have stuff pretty well planned before I make any decisions so I really want to do my research and make sure I know what I'm doing before I make the jump. I'm still wrapping my head around the whole RO/DI setup malarky at this point. Still a lot to learn.

Going to do a few days work-experience soon with one of my mates that has a van mount, so that should give me a feel for what a day's work is like for a windie. I'm aiming for a really cold/windy day so I can experience the worst of it. /emoticons/smile.png

Back