Ext pole

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Sean murray, Sep 17, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Sean murray

Sean murray Member

Hi all. Bit of advice needed. I have a couple of houses on my books that have massive high Windows on the gable end of the house. Now I mean the whole gable end is almost all glass ( no pictures sorry). What's the best way to attack these? I have been using 12ft pole with basic washer and squeegee, but to be honest I am not getting a great result from it. Especially on hot days. Just interested to see how you guys deal with these. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. 1393jason

1393jason Active Member

I use a slimline wagtail flipper on a harris pole for high windows. Lower windows a blue unger pole that I picked up in the clearance section of b&q

3. KiwiNeil

KiwiNeil Newcomer

Hi Sean. I do the same as you and on hot days make sure that my applicator is soaking wet (water running out of it) and do a section at a time so that I can squeegee before the water dries. I have two poles, one with the applicator and one with the squeegee. It is MUCH easier when I have an assistant!

4. Posh

Posh Hero

Instead of 2 poles why not use a vice versus or liquidator fliq

5. KiwiNeil

KiwiNeil Newcomer

Mainly because I have two poles ;) but also because the glass is so hot that water steams off the glass as I apply it. If I had that much water it would go everywhere when I swapped from applicator to squeegee I would think? May try one, if it doesn't work then at least I will know.

6. Sean murray

Sean murray Member

Thanks very much. I have two poles so will try that. I'd love to try one of them wagtail flipper lads. Think I'd need a lesson on how to use it. Looks tricky.

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

One of these diy harris poles and an excelerator with fliq
    With the angle adapter and the 3 different angle options on tje excelerator you will have no issues with closing out

8. H MAN

H MAN Forum Addict

In this video using a aluminium pole that bought at hardware 10 years ago.
    All we done was put a Quick-lock angle adapter on it.
    And adapted all our tools to the quick lock attachment.
    Squeegee that is being used is prototype with a unique swivel movement.
    As you can see that you can squeegee all the glass.
    Without changing squeegees ,scrubbers, poles.

Advertisement