Extension pole headache

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Paulie18, Oct 24, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paulie18

Paulie18 Guest

Hi. I've done a bit of canvassing now. No customers yet, but a few promising maybes.

I'll be using the traditional method to begin with. WFPs might be something to consider in the future, but I think I'm better to cut my teeth with a squeegie. Anyway, some of the properties I've canvassed have got awkward sloped roofs or are generally not suitable for ladders, which means I'm faced with the prospect of using an extension pole.

Is this a viable method? Through a bit of internet reasearch the answer seems to be no, or at least try to avoid it. However, I can't see another way of reaching these windows. Any help on this one would be welcomed, as it's a subject that's really bothering me.

Many thanks,
    Paul

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

Using an extension pole is a viable option,before going wfp myself I would use extension pole to reach awkward windows,it is harder and time consuming.
    get a wagtail squeegee and wipe the rubber blade every other pass on the window to avoid tram lines or marks.

3. I used an extending pole before i went wfp also, they are ok but i think even with a wagtail you can't get the windows perfect especially if they are high up as its harder to control the pole i found that after squeegeing i'd have to fold a rag over the squeege to dry parts of the window that were still wet. but they do work to a degree just explain to the custy that the windows that you use the pole on may be less than perfect most of them are ok about it. i used to climb on the roof if they weren't too steep (never in the wet) but most would advise against this.

4. Paulie18

Paulie18 Guest

Cheers, people. That's given me something to go on. Thanks.

5. A.K WINDOWS

i have one or two like this but try avoid all houses with balconys canopys ect.i try to kepp to terrace houses now.

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

This where Water fed pole can really sell itself,I have loads of windows which would be near impossible off a ladder but with the pole theyre a breeze

7. Hi Paul,

Extension poles...ummm.....it is doable, but it takes a lot of time (its harder than it looks) and you generally leave streaks. Not great for your first time for new customers.

Have you thought about investing as a few of my friends have done in a water fed backpack or trolley and buying pure water off of someone?

I actually sell WFPs and bits and pieces. If you are thinking of going down that route and want some advice, feel free to drop me an email or give me a call.

Google ClearVue Solutions to find me details.

Jeremy

Advertisement