Exterior Gutter Clean Sofitts And Fascias £5

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Poles Apart, Jun 29, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Poles Apart

Was cleaning a customers windows last week when young Asian guy next door came out and asked me for a quote for window cleaning. I suggested he only had a one off as with "company policy" so did him a favour and said I'd do it for £20 as we were here he accepted and paid up front. As he was checking up on us while we were doing the job he asked how much it would be to clean the cladding on the front wall, did him another favour and said £5 for a quick scrub. After he watched the missus do the front he came round the back to pester me and said you haven't done the guttering and fascias and sofitts on the front.

Advertisement
  2. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

I've had similar experiences. One Asian chap asked for a quote for his windows. I was the last windy to clean them about 10 years before so you can imagine what they were like. I quoted £35 for windows and frames to start with due to the mess they were in. He then expected me to do the FSGs as well. When I said that's extra he asked how much. That was a massive job as they were white PVC but were quite literally black with filth and the gutters were fitted to the outsides of the fascia board. I quoted £100 which was probably too cheap. He nearly fell over. I asked how much he thought it would be and he said, 'an extra£10'
    He seemed to have no concept of what a job is worth. He decided he didn't want his windows done. I was glad to walk away from that one.

3. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

I'd of handed him the pole and said you have a go on your gutters/fascias for 10 mins and see how far you get.

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

:eek::eek::eek::eek: They touch my pole they die!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. slipknot

slipknot Active Member

truth is some people don't see window cleaners as bussiness but see us as low level people which kinda annoys me but a lot of people who you know for years aprichate the work, and are happy to pay £100 for the gutters and fasas to be cleaned

6. C Rose Cleaning Services

Asians (without being racist) are always tight or expect something for nothing. I only have 3 regular customers who are Indian and they are fantastic and never give me hassle with payment or for extra work, but most I've come across think I am "too expensive" etc.

I work for myself and am very happy so it's £40 an hour or I won't do it. I don't care what their perceived level of pay is for a window cleaner, I'm not a scrubber or a thicko doing it for beer money.

7. noddy

noddy Well-Known Member

I do some 3 storyed 5 bed houses on a new estate for a fiver each just to miff off other window cleaners in my area lololol we pull up in a 65 plate van do the windows hand wipe all the sills and doors make a real good show as I know it upsets two other window cleaners lol

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. mark macca

mark macca Member

Asians are rife were I am had a job the other day to quote a connie roof in and out and all windows and doors in and out told her 400 she said she was quoted 60 pound told her to ring him back then and if I could have his number to do mine thay love trying there luck got a call back 2days later and did the job and her 4 bed house for 450 didn't want to ask what happend to the 60 pound man guess he ne'er got back to her also got 4 of her neighbours on a monthly so slapped a few leaflets down her road when finished gunna bash them tomorrow

9. johnny bravo

they will always try to ADD other work on and think you will do it for nothing. i now give them a price and explain to them that is all i will do, anything else comes extra

10. mark macca

mark macca Member

I give them a full written quote for all works and prices and do nothing else that way thay no what there getting and I no at end of it that there is no I thought u was doing that also Easyer that way for both party's

Advertisement