Extra windows

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Markyboy 50, Jan 5, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Markyboy 50

Had the job of trad window cleaning an office. £30 for a tad under an hour. I go past it so no travelling. They've just had the last 6 windows replaced with upvc. Alls good. But the had 2 doors that were solid. Now replaced and have glass in them. Do I say can I have £2 extra please coz I'm a money grabbing twunt or do I take it on the chin. What would you do?

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

I think you've already answered your own question mate. If it was a lot more work then you would be moaning how its taking you longer, and is harder work. But since its only a couple of panes, I would avoid rocking the apple cart and carry on regardless- I've done this plenty of times myself. If it was already a stupidly cheap job priced badly, and this is the straw that broke the camels back, then its time to re negotiate/ditch... but thats clearly not the case here.

3. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

I had something similar happen to me, i was polite about it and explained that the initial price was for the original job and that the doors were not included, so they could pay an extra pound for the doors and took a pound on the chin, now my plan is in April to put prices up everywhere as I've underpriced myself on almost all my work, and just pit them up by an extra pound above everyone else's rise. That way I'm only losing out for the next 3 cleans and its only a pound down instead of 2, so its reduced the hit for a while. Most people are OK if your polite from my experience

4. SkulBlaker

SkulBlaker Well-Known Member

Leave it as is mate, £30 for under an hours work is not shabby, can always do it for a while then say your increasing the price slightly, explain that your price initially was for what you were doing but due to the extra glass it's now taking longer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Markyboy 50

Yep. That's wot I have done tolish. Will skip the toilet windows every now and then so it's equal in my mind. Just seeing what other windies would do

6. Paddy McNally

Paddy McNally Member

Take it on the chin

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Skip the toilet windows!!!!!!!:rofl:

8. Markyboy 50

?

9. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

I tend to wipe down solid doors and panels (and charge for it) so it wouldn't have made any difference.

10. Markyboy 50

They were old wooden gloss ones with flaky 20 year old paint. U wouldn't of wiped them down mate. They're now doors with full length pains in em. On the chin. Only adds a couple of mins to the job

Advertisement