Eyesight / glasses/ this job

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Feb 7, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

just been chattin with friends about eyesight and this job. iv never seen a windie with glasses , have you?

im thinking that you need to be able to focus on the glass surface [and not look thru it] to check for cleanliness. by doing this focussing you use you eye muscles a lot more than what is usual, hence it makes your eye vision better than average. what dyou reckon ?

Advertisement
  2. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I wear glasses, I have better than 20/20 vision with them on.

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

My eyes have shot over the last 12 months. I have to wear readers to read owt.

4. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I have just been prescribed reading glasses at 0.25 (I think) but I forget to wear them as I can see to read without them. They said as time goes on I will find myself reaching for them more often. Personally I don't like them. I can see the computer with them on but if anyone speaks to me and I look up I can't see a thing.

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

do you wear them out cleaning, in the job though? one of my ex employees had a pair but couldnt wear them when working, couldnt focus if my memories correct

6. RyanL

RyanL Member

I wear glasses but got them before I became a windy, too many years in customer service sitting infront of a monitor. I do wear them when cleaning but my lenses are anti glare which is a big help over specs that aren't.

7. cheapncheerful

funny you should post this boar as thursday was the first day I can ever remember wearing my specs...I have always been as blind as the proverbial bat and always hate wearing my beer goggles...not bothered at home obviously but...

I ER...lost my glasses in the wicked witches hedge last year and so I had to get some new ones..

I HATE shopping or any thing which removes me from the comfort zone of my chair but after the worst six hours of my life I have new contacts and two pairs of new glasses and I paid extra for the thinnest lense and so thursday ..a 6am start I carried on in my specs all day....of course no one saw me ...as you know I am a sneaky windy ...actually the last two did catch me but didnt notice.

I must admit I prefer my contacts as glasses can get knocked off but I worked okay in them..after awhile I just forgot I was wearing them and looking at the glass didnt bother me at all..

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Worn glasses since I was maybe 6? only leave my face for bed pretty much.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm blind as a bat but it dont stop me driving :D

10. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I wear glasses, I have better than 20/20 vision with them on.

Advertisement