Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Most annoying things strangers say when you're doing a job and their walking past

PJ Bullard

My most common is:

'You missed a spot mate!'

And Im like hmm, not funny.

I also have this woman who seems to walk past a regular town centre job I do every week at the same time and she says:

'Look! He's got his pole out!' or 'Look he's got his pole out in public'

My guess is that she is a slag but its funny all the same

' are you a window cleaner ?

or when i started out wfp i use to wear my backpack so they all sang the ghostbusters them & i've never seen it so its wasted on me

I always get

"That's got to be better than going up and down ladders all day"

Which is true but still annoying when you've heard it four or five times already that week.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

One of my customers on seeing the pole for the first time said " ooh he's cleaning the windows with a stick"!!!!!

You got it easy today with those poles!!

I always want to say go **** yourself but never do in the moment.

oh actually i do hear something... "i hate you youngsters wearing them things on your heads, you can't hear a......" (headphones back on)

didnt want to clean his windows anyway /emoticons/biggrin.png

i hate it when ppl assume that i will definately clean their windows just because they ask me too

I clean a shop window in town at 8am every saturday morning and this same lad passes me while i am cleaning the window with wfp and every week he pipes up......waste of time mate them brushes cant clean windows you need a shammy why dont you do the job properly, this has been going on for about 1 year now i am starting to get worried now because my patients with him is wearing very thin and i might break a pole section.

its the weather one what boils me most

folk talking about the weather all the time

also comments on poles flken hell herd them all

caught one lassy out,she was slavering about the size off pole

told her Iwas told you always liked a big pole

Waited three months to hear someone say 'oi ya missed a bit' both predictable and surprising in equal measure.

Worst thing I have people say is "can I have a quote". Gives me the hump as I just want to do my normal days work and head home- don't need the aggro of a first clean or a new customer./emoticons/biggrin.png

Worst still when they then want you to do the house on the spot after a heavy day of already doing loads of first cleans!

Father's day was a good excuse today!

True story from Saturday whilst helping a mate.

'That's not proper window cleaning, that's cheating' says some bloke walking past.

What he dont know is I am having a real bad day.

'AND WHAT THE F##K EXACTLY DO YOU KNOW ABOUT WINDOW CLEANING?'

Shouts me as I put the pole down and start to walk towards him.

He legged it off.

Poor fellow seriously picked the wrong day to be the funny man on the street. /emoticons/sad.png

I hate it when they say "you can do mine if you like love" then I say no problem where abouts do you live ill give you a quote...

They just grin and walk off.

I:confused:

Latest Posts

Back