Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

0800 ??

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Now that the industrial side of the business is starting to get going I am considering an 0800 number for the company, basically the cost is £25 per month.

Is anyone else out there running an 0800 for their business?

Thoughts?

Don't think anyone cares about 0800 anymore. Most people are happy to pay the 30 p for a call. Especially businesses. And private customers usually have free mins on their mobile

Don't think anyone cares about 0800 anymore. Most people are happy to pay the 30 p for a call. Especially businesses. And private customers usually have free mins on their mobile
I do not disagree, I just wonder if there is some subliminal effect of seeing an 0800 number that gives of an air of a larger more professional company as it were?

It's possible I guess. Think most people expect to see a mobile number now. Suppose u could get an 0800 number and divert it to your mobile. Not sure if it's worth the faff tho.

I think 0800 does seem lika larger company.

My personal opinion if I saw 2 adverts for window cleaner one mobile and one 0800 I'd ring the mobile as rightly or wrongly the image in my mind would be of a sole trader local guy one man band type. If however I was a large company I'd ring the 0800 as id be subconsciously thinking professional, insured, etc.

That's just how my mind would work who knows what others would think

Then get area codes closer, you can pay for call diverting that will use any code you want, I could have a local landline number for where you are for example.

my opinion,you need 1 number and thats it .

my personal experience is folk who advertize call 0800 ,or call landline ,or call mobile never last the distance

summat else iv noticed is if you call a mobile biz be it gas fitter,plumber,cleaner what av you and get a message "steves busy right now ,cannot get to the phone,please leave your message "

steve will Always be bankrupt within a year or so

strange fact-but true

My experience (in a country far far away from you I should add) is that an 0800 number works very well for my business. Many of my customers are older and will not call a mobile because they perceive the cost to be too high. I also get comments that between the 0800 number and my booking manager I sound very professional and that helps to book more work.

Just my $0.02, feel free to ignore me.

Back