Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A bit about canvasing - Total BS on YouTube & why murder is OK!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Often on here we discuss canvassing and how to do it and how not to do it, 99% of it is knocking the door and saying 'hey, do you want your windows cleaned?'

This video has done the rounds for a while on YouTube and got me thinking for a number of reasons. Firstly they're trying to shoot it 'hidden camera' style but it's so obvious everyone is in on it otherwise by the end of it the windy would have the camera man buy the throat till he spilled the identity of 'con man'

That's the YouTube and BS side of it out the way but the general gist of the video is beautiful in it's simplicity.

When he knocks the door he simply points to the window cleaners working and gives instant validation to his reason for being there, the a straight forward 'Hi, here with the window cleaners, I see yours need doing would you like them done?'

So concise and to the point they almost wouldn't be able to say no.

[media]

[/media]
In the video this is portrayed as a 'scam' however that is total BS because as many members know on here I do not condone violence however if someone pulled this 'stunt' on me I would put him in a box.

Only reason for sharing is the whole concept of a couple working whilst one canvasses is simplicity in itself as they can see from the doorstep that yes you are window cleaners and that instant validation almost makes it all good.

Not so easy nowadays when we all use gocardless and bank transfer etc

Still i would have a little "friendly" word in his ear :devil:

Back