facebook ads, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Amazin, Nov 8, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Amazin

Amazin Member

Been looking into it recently but never used it. I wonder if its effective for us window cleaners. I don't mean join few local groups on fb and leave few comments/posts, but to actually pay for an ad to appear on the side of your potential customers.

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#2 boarcity, Nov 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2015
    im not sure why but i never got as good a result from the paid ads compared to posting freebies in the buy n sell groups. could be that folk are pestered by lots of unwanted ads and mine was just another annoying one popping up.

if you get somebody commenting on the freebies , "he does a very good job blah blah " this usually leads to a gold strike other browsers then pile in wanting to get onboard but only if they see a warm recomending

nontheless long as i set a low spending limit such as £10 for 2days worth of paid ads i always got in at least 20 quids worth of jobs

iv recently stopped doing anymore ads including the freebies on fb cos my round is now overburdened wi work but i can certainly say i tripled the workload via using fb over a 2 yr period . i advertized most weekends spent ten quid or twenty if i felt flush and every bank holiday ran a deal and bumped up the freebies on the selling groups most every day
    i raked in a whole lot of good jobs that way and of course also a percentage of sh/t too but no doubt it worked out well for me. im of the opinion that pushing my business on FB brought in work far easier than doing leaflets or door knocks, i mean its done from home what could be easier than that

3. SkulBlaker

SkulBlaker Well-Known Member

Did 2 so far and got sod all but think that's down to only hitting the friends and thier friends, going to give it one last go and target everyone next time. Have got a few customers using the local Facebook groups

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

When using the ads on Facebook you really want to decide who or where your targeting. Then set your audience as such. Ensuring the ad audience is right first does help in the return you get usually. Just sending it to anyone is waisting money half the time.

5. Dan Paton

Dan Paton Member

Could anyone send me an example of a post they've boosted and had success with? Likewise with ads on the selling pages. A big ask I know but I would appreciate it.

Advertisement