Facebook advertising

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Alpha, Jan 10, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Alpha

Alpha Member

hi all. How do any of you that use Facebook, set up a page to advertise your service. Does it have to be a page created through your existing personal profile as that's tge only way I can see to do it and wasn't sure if that's the best way.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I create a page from my profile like you said
    Then I invite all friends to like it and get them to pass it on
    Then i search for all local business groups and swap and sell sites and post my link on each daily with a little description
    Gets a few jobs at first then it slows down but keep posting and i get a couple a week still after 5 months

3. Alpha

Alpha Member

Cheers davesboy that helps a lot. Do you find the work you get through fb substantial ie. The customers stay with you and don't just cancel after a few cleans?

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

once uv got the page up n running spend time searching for local people / businesses in your work area . add them as friends, then when u post updates on your business page they will see it and might go with you.
    dont add as a friend alifrickinbaba ,you wont ever get him spending with you

now and then i do the paid FB advertising,always with good results. i believe if you could afford it, an ongoing paid facebook advert would lead to a massive round

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have been lucky and only got 1 proper messer out of all my facebook work
    Maybe as they are either friends of people on these business pages actively looking for a windie rather than me knocking their door on the off chance

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

youv got to accept theres messers everywhere . i had a FB messer who booked me but when i turned up wouldnt answer door, hoping id clean no doubt and go away to be paid later
    i saw her flittin from room to room ,hiding.

7. TolishAPurd

Did you shout "open up you ugly cnut!!" through the letter box?:D

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have 2 new cleans to do today as it was a bit windy yesterday and 1 is from facebook
    They just slowly trickle in which is fine by me

9. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

as far as I saw you can create business profile from start...isn't that a better option?

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

If you do that facebook will shut it down eventually
    They just did it to whizzbizz mark
    Add it as a business page to your personal profile and that is ok

Advertisement