Facebook Hurdle?!

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by meridion, Apr 1, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. meridion

meridion Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

So I'll get a potential customer comment on a post I make on a buy/sell group, so then I send them an inbox message to try give them a quote, and the messages aren't going through!?

The can't see them/not getting notification of my message! What's that about?

Advertisement
  2. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

Facebook often filters messages if you're not directly connected to that person. It's a way to stop spam messages.

You should tell the potential customer to check their 'other' or 'filtered' (or whatever else Facebook is calling it these days) message box.

I mainly use the Facebook messenger app on my iPhone and that now alerts me to a new message request from someone I'm not connected to and gives me the option to accept or ignore the request. If I accept the request it gets moved to my regular message inbox.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. unit

unit Guest

I use an app called pages along side face book.
    And messages work great.
    1 reg and a conserv clean out of face book this week.

4. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

Using the Pages app is a good idea if you have a business page on Facebook.

I direct any potential customers to message me via my page. No messages are filtered then.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Advertisement