Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Improve The Ranking Of Window Cleaning Website

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Window Cleaner

hi all im new to all this forum stuff, but seems as the snows here and iv been unable to work for the past week i set my self a little mission to improve the rank of my window cleaning website with the hope that it will improve my chances of picking up more domestic and commercial window cleaning work for the future. Based in Coventry, west midlands there seems to be a lot of window cleaners about (as well as the rest of the country no doubt) and i feel this is the reason im not really moving up in googles ranks. I have a basic knowledge of computers i built the site myself but just wondering if there's any one on here who can give a few tips to help my improve website rank as i have 0 knowledge of seo.

Welcome to the forum midlands, cleaners there is a couple of boys on hear Iian and dodger I am sure will be able to help you

Sorry mate saw this earlier but busy trying to get someone back on the forum (long story).

I did notice your window cleaning page doesn't mention coventry (or anywhere else) once, also the pages you set aside for comm & dom are blank.

onsite seo isn't good but, sign up for google+ and get on the map, freeindex and get some reviews, yell & thomson local free entries. Plenty other stuff but thats enough to be going on with and my head is a serious shed right now..

Sorry mate saw this earlier but busy trying to get someone back on the forum (long story).
I did notice your window cleaning page doesn't mention coventry (or anywhere else) once, also the pages you set aside for comm & dom are blank.

onsite seo isn't good but, sign up for google+ and get on the map, freeindex and get some reviews, yell & thomson local free entries. Plenty other stuff but thats enough to be going on with and my head is a serious shed right now..
just what I thought /emoticons/tongue.png

hi yes iv been changing all the layout this week just added the dom & com pages the other day and haven't got round to finish them yet, going to get on with it now though as id forgot until you just reminded lol. i seem to be ranking ok for gutter cleaning coventry but not much else, im going to put coventry and a few other areas in the window cleaning page though definately as its my window cleaning that im ranking really low for, thanks for the advice if any one also thinks they can help all advice would be welcome.

It's a local search and Google+ relies heavily on local citations from the directories that Dodger mentioned.

The most important change you need to make is have your contact number and address in PLAIN TEXT. Google cant read images of text (yet) and they need to validate your Google+ listing with your website, external directories, etc.

It's a local search and Google+ relies heavily on local citations from the directories that Dodger mentioned.
The most important change you need to make is have your contact number and address in PLAIN TEXT. Google cant read images of text (yet) and they need to validate your Google+ listing with your website, external directories, etc.
Wen u gna do my websyt for google mate

Definitely more backlinks will help to improve the ranking and also add article page in your website, by updating it in regular manner your page automatically will get ranking.

Good quality back links though simple posting your link all over or going on some link sub motion site will only see you dropping ranks or being disqualified from good full stop. Definitely focus on, on site seo well written stuff which include the keywords people would be searching for etc. Not checked the site but making sure you have meta description and meta keywords etc. Are you on Google webmaster tools? Get on their also and get a sitemap done if you don't have one. Most of all remember once you have done all this it will take time to move up in Google so don't go changing it all again thinking you have not moved up. Just make sure you have all the above and then let Google do its work. It me 6 months if not more to consistently be listed near the top!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Whilst Meta tags don't do as much as they used to - you shouldn't ignore them.

Your meta "Description" tag is empty and your "Keywords" tag is missing all together.

Also adding some of your service & area keywords into your page titles would give a small SEO boost. Remember every page title & every meta tag should be unique, no duplicates.

One other issue I noticed is that you don't seem to have a maximum page width set, and your site looks very stretched on a full hd screen.

Forget keyword meta altogether. Google have ignored them for the last three years. Bing look at them but they don't carry any weight.

wow thanks guys theres a lot of information here lol this is going to keep my busy until the snow dissapears, regarding backlinks (as i dont much much about them) any suggestions on sites to put them on? iv read that i should be putting them on similar sites i.e window cleaning sites (which is what brought me here) when i put links in my others on here does that qualify as a backlink? or is it just blogs? i read a bit about links farms etc and have stayed well away, and this is the 1st time iv attempted to make any backlinks which im thinking is why my serp sucks, iv just re written the whole site allmost and the 98% of content is unique so not going to change it to much now i dont think just a few tweaks now and then. article page is a good idea im going to add a news pages. thanks for the heads up on the page title including keywords and not duplicating thats going to get changed now! and il be looking into the maximum page width, are the meta tags not worth doing then? i have looked into this but i dont much about them were to put them etc or what to write.

With the links you want to focus on quality rather than quantity. Get a few listings on directories websites such as FreeIndex, Yelp, Yell, iGroup and 118 Information.

If you've not already got a Google+ Local listing then get this pronto.

thanks im on a few directories but never heard of igroup, iv got a google + account but never used it and dont really understand so im going to look into this and a google+ local listing now. much appreciated

Google+ is an absolute must. If you have a Google+ page and Local listing (previously Places) this'll reinforce your listings reputation on Google.

iGroup are the parent directory for local directories such as iDorset, iKent, etc. Most counties have their own one so if your county has one its a good idea to get listed. Choose the free option though.

Latest Posts

Back