Facebook page business

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Safroncats, Mar 13, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Safroncats

Safroncats Newcomer

Hi everyone
    I have set up a Facebook business page but still no calls coming in
    Is it always slow this time of year ?

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

This should be the busiest time, but if you are new to it then it''l always be slow in the early days. Don't just rely on one single method though, spread your name about as much as possible. You'll get more and more calls when that sun comes out.

3. Safroncats

Safroncats Newcomer

Thankyou for your reply
    I have tried local magazines
    Now trying Facebook
    New to this so your right trying different avenues to see what works best
    Might try door knocking like someone suggested
    Are leaflets a good idea ?

4. TolishAPurd

Its all good mate. Get leaflets out, place adverts, join facebook, and knock doors if you want. The more you spread your net, the more you'll catch.

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

join all the local buy and sell Facebook groups in your area and post your page on there every morning and you should get a result.
    leaflets work but its gruelling doling them out ,you MUST dole out tens of 1000s for them to work well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Simply Business

Simply Business Well-Known Member
    Supplier

Hi Safroncats

What sorts of things are you doing with your business facebook page? For a bit of context, unless you pay to promote your facebook posts, approx 3-5% of your total likes will end up seeing it.

You can pay to target certain people based on area, existing page likes etc, which might help to drive leads. Unfortunately, setting up a page and hoping for traffic to come to your profile isn't likely to work imho.

Door knocking and canvassing seem like good options from the experienced guys in here?

7. Simply Business

Simply Business Well-Known Member
    Supplier

In fact, boarcity had some great tips on this in a similar thread if memory serves me correctly... :)

8. AnMadraRua

AnMadraRua Member

Forget a business page. Set up a personal page with the name of your business and then sign up to every local selling page you can. Every night post in these pages promoting your business. Post between 6 and 7, after tea time but before the soaps. I call this fishing, because within 5 minutes of me posting on my local groups I will get a comment on my post or a message through Facebook. I'm getting between 4 and 8 new customers every week using this method. Try it, it works.

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#9 boarcity, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
    folk like a bit of a story on facebook. i recently put up a foto of a deer carcass that i found near where the van parked , this drew in quite a few likes and comments ,

im going to start milking this what-we-saw-today angle instead of the usual window cleaning fotos on my business page
    that reminds me,my lads put up a foto of me having an argument with a customer ,and hurtful commenting ,im goin to get that taken down asap

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I post on about 12 local sites daily and i get between 3-7 jobs a week

Advertisement