Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Daily rate

WCF

Help Support WCF:

baguley's cleaning service

Hi I've quoted today on a large 4 building property of 37 flats that's in a bad state of filth.

Someone else is also sniffing around.

I've quoted 240 for an 8hr day..4-5 days if less then less for her.

It has small trees growing out of walls, blocked gutters and Windows that have not been cleaned in at least 6yrs

Also access issues and awkward heights,upto 4 floors.. Is this price ok..?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Pictures would help, I'm usually keen on big jobs but this does sound a bit cheap even for me. If they're 2 bed flats anything between £6 & £10 per apartment is what I would be after, assuming they had been done regularly. 1st clean, access and other problems would push it to minimum £10 but without pictures hard to tell. 

It's a learning curve and at least you will earn £240 to learn your business. 

If you are happy to carry out the work for the day rate of £240 for 8 hours then you have priced the job right.

Never ever worry or consider what others want.Some would do it for £120 a day others wouldn't touch it for less than £400+vat.

if you get it for a price your happy to work for then that's good for you and all that matters.

Yes, not long started up having spent over 20k on 3yr old sprinter and full hot pure water ro filtered with karcher steam cleaner pressure washer and carbon Guttervac. Wanted to achieve quality work for realistic price. I previously delivered for Bunzl daily.. northwest to Emcor, mitie, Ocs and other sites and see their quality or lack of.. for mega money contracts.
I'm learning from my jobs and saving for a cherry picker to fight with the big boys. Lol

Yes, not long started up having spent over 20k on 3yr old sprinter and full hot pure water ro filtered with karcher steam cleaner pressure washer and carbon Guttervac. Wanted to achieve quality work for realistic price. I previously delivered for Bunzl daily.. northwest to Emcor, mitie, Ocs and other sites and see their quality or lack of.. for mega money contracts.
I'm learning from my jobs and saving for a cherry picker to fight with the big boys. Lol

Was that on ebay mate? I saw a similar Mercedes sprinter and system for about that price. Fair play to you making that sort of investment I have done it very differently and grown gradually but fair play for putting your money where your mouth is! Hope it works out

No, set it up myself. I had a car dealership 12yrs ago starting with one car built that up to 55 cars rapidly. That was a challenge and I achieved my goal but this time I went in to look as professional as I could to charge proper money, straight away.if you can then why ***** about.its still a fight to now get back our investment. I'll feel happy when I've earnt my initial investment.
I've always said if I won the lottery I'd have to earn the same amount myself, what a challenge that would be.

Back