Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP - A Year In

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So last year I was at breaking point with my last employee of 7 years and he left me completely in limbo with a weeks notice.

I decided to be able to actually carry on I needed to embrace WFP. Something I'd been wary of and avoiding since I can remember.

I started out with an Unger Hydroflo, BigBoy backpack and an Unger pole (those really weighty ones haha). I just used it purely for windows I could no longer reach without being footed on a ladder and so on. After two or three months I started using it nearly all the time for upstairs whilst still tradding bottoms finding it more time effective, and of course, safer.

It's now been twelve months. I bought a new van from WCW with their excellent Facelift full RO+DI 350L system using one of their stupidly cheap finance packages back in November because I was burning through £120 of resin a month...

I haven't looked back. My earnings have shot up by almost 50%, my customer satisfaction is now the best it's ever been, new customers are coming in all the time, and my street presence by getting my van signage done and a uniform etc has made my appearance go from a scrubber to a professional outfit.

Everyone whose in two minds, refuses to get with the times etc; get over it. WFP is the best thing to happen to my business in 13 years of trading. I now cover my round and gutter jobs (using a SkyVac) without any staff to pay. No excuses, no drama, no turning up late, customer complaints etc. Just my own motivation and energy driving my business forward.

Just my two pence - this has been a game changer for me and I couldn't be happier. Everyone should be embracing it

Like it! I've picked up 6 jobs in 6 days from walk ups plus I've got to quote a doctors surgery and another house tomorrow. I'm finding balancing work and home life a struggle at the moment and my mind is constantly on work. I think I need a break from it.

Like it! I've picked up 6 jobs in 6 days from walk ups plus I've got to quote a doctors surgery and another house tomorrow. I'm finding balancing work and home life a struggle at the moment and my mind is constantly on work. I think I need a break from it.
I know the feeling mate. It's a 14 hour day at the moment with all the quoting, marketing and and physical labour. Taking next week off for first time in forever just to recuperate and relax. You should do the same /emoticons/wink.png

Well done Chris.

I'm still learning ten years in. It's kept me in the game. I couldn't work with ladders now if I wanted to. Running up and down ladders for thirty years just about done my right knee in. Fortunately wfp is easy on my knees so I'm still going and hope to be for some time. I enjoy it much better than I ever did trad work.

So last year I was at breaking point with my last employee of 7 years and he left me completely in limbo with a weeks notice.
I decided to be able to actually carry on I needed to embrace WFP. Something I'd been wary of and avoiding since I can remember.

I started out with an Unger Hydroflo, BigBoy backpack and an Unger pole (those really weighty ones haha). I just used it purely for windows I could no longer reach without being footed on a ladder and so on. After two or three months I started using it nearly all the time for upstairs whilst still tradding bottoms finding it more time effective, and of course, safer.

It's now been twelve months. I bought a new van from WCW with their excellent Facelift full RO+DI 350L system using one of their stupidly cheap finance packages back in November because I was burning through £120 of resin a month...

I haven't looked back. My earnings have shot up by almost 50%, my customer satisfaction is now the best it's ever been, new customers are coming in all the time, and my street presence by getting my van signage done and a uniform etc has made my appearance go from a scrubber to a professional outfit.

Everyone whose in two minds, refuses to get with the times etc; get over it. WFP is the best thing to happen to my business in 13 years of trading. I now cover my round and gutter jobs (using a SkyVac) without any staff to pay. No excuses, no drama, no turning up late, customer complaints etc. Just my own motivation and energy driving my business forward.

Just my two pence - this has been a game changer for me and I couldn't be happier. Everyone should be embracing it
Same here, I'm just over a month into wfp. After 26 years on the ladders I decided 6months ago to look into it and this forum has been a absolute godsend for help and advice. After much deliberation I opted to by a 3 year old Peugeot Partner with a 850kg payload that comfortably holds a 500 litre di system

I opted for a Grippatank crash tested mount that they fitted comfortably in a day on my driveway, they are a bit dearer than some others out there, but you get what you pay for.( I emailed a query on resin on Saturday expecting a Monday reply and they sent me an answer on the Sunday, can't fault it)

I initially thought I'd go for a gradual changeover, but after a day I thought sod it and went for it in one go.

I must admit there was a spotting issue on the odd one. But have only received one complaint out of 350 customers.

I was also worried about incurring customer losses and yes I have lost 2. One that was a little one bedroom flat that I wasn't going to win over and another that had poorly fitted frames that leaked and she asked me to trad them, I politely declined .

On the flip side I have gained 5 or 6 purely I reckon because of a smart sign written van ( I used to use a plain mpv)

I never told my customers formally my plans I just had the van signed up which gave them an idea what was coming and 99 percent have been fine and I've found my self more of a salesmen this month answering their questions and showing them around the van.

I think when they see what you've invested they know you're not messing about.

Another thing I did, my biannual increase was due at the same time and I implemented that my reasoning being if there was a backlash, my prices go up at this time any way so it's a non issue.

So that's my take on it and in complete agreement with Mr Rose go for it, and you can still do it for a lower budget than us, but it is tax deductible.

Well done Chris.I'm still learning ten years in. It's kept me in the game. I couldn't work with ladders now if I wanted to. Running up and down ladders for thirty years just about done my right knee in. Fortunately wfp is easy on my knees so I'm still going and hope to be for some time. I enjoy it much better than I ever did trad work.
Must be a common ailment my right knee is also starting to give me grief, hence the ladder ditching. lol

My back used to give me quite a bit of grief as well which has subsided considerably since switching over. In fact when my back plays up now a good days work wfp seems to sort it most of the time and that's even with using barrels on a PF trolley.

Back