Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power Washing And Painting Decking

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Belfastcleaning

I had to go and see a customer about her garage guttering.. Got there spent an hour talking.. She wants gutters cleaned on house and garage ( garage bigger than my house ) all PVC cleaned. Some wooden thing with pipes in it painted, and her decking power washed and painted!!

So I have been left to find a suitable paint for the decking, she would like paint that's gritty.. As she is an oldie and the decking gets really skippy for here when wet.. Anyone know any good paint to use? Needs to be dark brown

couple i've seen skid not & skid no more, don't know how suitable they are for it and don't think they actually gritty and you might have to colour them.

a mate who works in a paint suppliers got me one the brand is sikkens , its down 3 years and still looks great ,but expensive,i dont know if they do a non slip one. ive cleaned a good few decks and was told low pressure only otherwise you can mark the deck ,i use a mix of half bleach and half water leave on decking for 10 mins and low pressure rinse off ,if you leave the bleach on to long it will turn the decking a grey colour

She has stuff on it now that has gritty texture to it, but she only got it done not even a year ago and it's coming off in places and she wants the whole thing re done.. Was just thinking wonder should I just paint over it? If I power wash it back to bare wood will it not take a few coats to cover it?

Back