Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp Is Killing Me

harunh

ive always been okay but this morning i woke up with these problems:

1. bad left arm.... hurts when i twist it etc

2. bad back.... move your right arm.... now u know the back bone its connected to it hurts their very badly i

3. my middle finger on my hand when i bend it it hurts and it feels like its half broken... when am sleeping andi bend it it hurts alot but when im awake duting the day it just hurts a bit

i feel jaded been working from 8-7 mon-thurs which is new to me

He sold his lighter one.

I can't use my slx40 all day - if fact I swop over to my slx22 as soon as it will reach on the same job.

I use an extreme 30 on 2nd story. As soon as its not needed. I swap to an extreme 18.

I use an extreme 30 on 2nd story. As soon as its not needed. I swap to an extreme 18.
Makes total sense to me. Infact, I am thinking of adding an 18 extreme as the everyday pole, SLX 22 for those windows over conservatories and the SLX40 for the high stuff (hardly used.)

Different poles make the difference between life and death. No point using extra weight all day.

Maybe try removing sections from it and put them back on when needed.

All the gardiner poles are able to do this, acetone will get base cap loose, buy a base cap for shorter section and hybridise your smax. I've just added an extreme 30 ext to my clx 22. Lovely jubbly.

Rsi is a serious problem so worth working smart not hard. Why make it difficult for yourself? When you can choose what you use as you are the boss, why kill yourself?

I have an Ionics 36ft carbon pole, Brodex 25ft, 18ft and 8ft aluminium poles. I always use use the shortest pole possible for any job (mainly 18ft).

If I'm doing a job that needs the 36ft pole I'll only use it for the windows I have to and then switch to a smaller pole. With the others I'll do the whole house with the same pole as there's no point changing half way through.

I see no point in making the work harder than it has to be and find having a selection of poles works best for me.

In my van i gotta put the pole in diagonally and its a headache having 2 poles in ther but gonna cut thru my bulkhead and then put them in straight /emoticons/smile.png ill probs be ordering a new short pole soon

One chap switches to an clx 10 for bottoms. Don't know about that really.
I wouldn't do it now, but we used to. 9 years ago we had Unger Teleplus poles and they were too long to work on bottoms. So we did the tops all the way round, swopped poles for a short one and then did the bottoms.
Later, a whole lot of us experimented with carbon fibre fishing poles which were light and fairly rigid. Being modular we would cast the bottom sections off and use the top two sections for downstairs.

We then moved onto Gardiner CLX22 and SLX22 poles which are good for tops and bottoms.

8-7???? That'd be enough to see me off lol

I think we all have days like that, last week didn't do a huge day or difficult work by any means but when I got home I were absolutely buggered. i can only think cause it was really windy day that all that abs work of stopping the pole from always doing one to the left at 100mph got me, but my knees and ankles were aching like mad the bottom of my neck felt like someone had stabbed me with a knitting needle and left it there!

I don't get the tennis elbow since getting a carbon pole but I can still feel the very slight twinge, but on my first pole I really thought there was no way I could put up with the tennis elbow and could only wfp a little bit.

I think the biggest help I seemed to of started without realising is the stepping forward and backwards instead of using your elbow

you need to work with the lightest pole possible, I have a 40 foot aluminum pole, 25 foot fiber glass and a 22 foot carbon hybrid and the 2 longer ones will only gets used if I really have to use them which is now a few times a month.

Back