Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift Big Boy Battery Life//Issue

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Got my BB backpack in April and it lasted me all day.

The last few days at work it's been beeping at me around 2pm (about 5 hours of intermittent use) to the point I had to finish early on Friday incase the next job couldn't be completed. I know it's a backpack and I don't use it for every single job or all windows, but on the odd day where I have used 3-4 barrels - around 100L) it used to still be going come home time, but Friday it managed maybe 65/70L of water before it was flashing red.

Does anyone else have one and what are your battery expectations? Thinking of selling it and buying the new Liteboy whilst WCW still have it on offer and stick a second battery in the van.

That seems a very short life for a battery

My gardiners can easily be used for 250-300l per day monday-friday and i only charge it on a sunday if i rember

I have used it for a fortnight in the past when i have forgotten

That seems a very short life for a batteryMy gardiners can easily be used for 250-300l per day monday-friday and i only charge it on a sunday if i rember

I have used it for a fortnight in the past when i have forgotten
It's flashing again now using about 75L again. Have just ordered the Liteboy and going to get this sent back for warranty. Can't be right

It's flashing again now using about 75L again. Have just ordered the Liteboy and going to get this sent back for warranty. Can't be right

Doesn't sound right. I would get back to the supplier and raise a warranty claim.

Is it the battery or is it the charger? That's the question, so I expect they will replace the whole thing if its under warranty. Trying to diagnose which is at fault is going to be as difficult for them as it will be for you.

They might try sending out a charger first and see if its that.

-

Doesn't sound right. I would get back to the supplier and raise a warranty claim.
Is it the battery or is it the charger? That's the question, so I expect they will replace the whole thing if its under warranty. Trying to diagnose which is at fault is going to be as difficult for them as it will be for you.

They might try sending out a charger first and see if its that.

-
This is the question!

I had two options:

a) Send the whole thing back and wait for an inspection then a replacement or

b) within the order I made this morning they've sent me out a new battery for the old pack to swap out and see how I get on.

So I've opted for option two, which means I'll theoretically have two back packs and two brand new batteries.

The odd thing is the pack is charging now as always and the charge light is red for a couple of hours, then it turns green as if fully charged. Can only think that the battery memory has failed.

Oh well, I did try for a refund but they weren't having it /emoticons/laugh.png

Will see if the charger for the Lite is any different, if not I'll give that a go as well.

At least I'll have a backup for next time!

Received the battery today and the whole thing has packed up.

Thank god I paid to replace it with a liteboy so I can actually work tomorrow. Going to now have to organise an exchange for the big boy /emoticons/sad.png

Received the battery today and the whole thing has packed up.
Thank god I paid to replace it with a liteboy so I can actually work tomorrow. Going to now have to organise an exchange for the big boy /emoticons/sad.png
I had the same issues towards end of back life. My gardiner one last all day 9 to 4 and Iay 14 houses or so. It still shows full lights on it, amazing battery, its a 12v and big boy is only 6v. Back pack is the nuts, 22L also.

Latest Posts

Back