facelift fireblade RazrBLADE etc

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by fenderjaguar, Apr 14, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar Well-Known Member

Really, this stuff is not made exclusively for 'facelift' or whatever, is it?. It's just that unger make their stuff in red indicating janitorial use:

http://www.ungerglobal.com/uk/default/master-kit

Maybe the red rubber is also unger. And it's a tough grade beause it's intended for other surfaces as well as glass?

they also code their stuff in blue, for home use. Maybe I should get some and call it my exclusive skyhawk blue?

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

All i know is their green stuff is shocking
    Hope it's a better quality

3. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Interesting I have recently purchased the firbeblade bundles and load of the fireblade rubber
    Not sure what the intended use is for the rubber but I must say it's awesome rubber It never lines leaves residue and It never seems to need changing although I change it every week just out of habit

4. fenderjaguar

Yeah, I'm not saying it isn't good rubber. I've never tried it, but I want to. I just think they WCW/facelift are pushing it a bit, acting like it's exclusively made for them. Or maybe it's a different rubber. Actually, I can't see a red rubber in that picture on the unger website.

Oh, the green rubber, yeah way too soft, yet looks all plasticy.

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Every week!!
    I can make my moerman stuff last longer than that and it is the soft stuff in a liquidator

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I also use the rubber from my 18 in my 14 once worn
    .then in my 12 then 10 etc
    Get a lot of use from 1 rubber

7. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

It's habbit the lads I work with go weeks even then it shows little to no wear on the edges and certainly no lining
    Carnt comment on the unger green never used
    Was goin to order the moerman rubber channels and handles but the mixed reviews have held me back
    Reason for fireblade bundles red logo ing to uniforms
    Ferrari red wrapped van
    Red name badges
    Red ladders etc etc we love red lol

8. Jake

Jake Grand Master

The red rubber - 'razr rubber' as its called, is amazing, it's the best rubber by far, lasts for ages and ages and ages...

But it may well be that the fireblade stuff is just unger stuff, I've always wondered if it was because it looks exactly the same as the green 'usual' unger stuff, never bought any of it, but was always suspicious from the pics.

I can say first hand the green rubber is shocking, I really wanted it to be good, (I love the green colour, looks great in a black squeegee) but it was awful, just falls apart at the ends within a few houses..

Don't bother with any other rubber than the red razr rubber, nothing on the market lasts anywhere near as long, the Moermon rubber is no match for the red rubber.

9. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I must clean more windows;)

10. fenderjaguar

I think the real exclusivity lies in my white unger bucket. Did you guys ever see a white one? I never saw any other but mine. I went and bought it from the federation in Reddish many years ago, I live nearby

Advertisement