Facelift or gardiner

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by camcap, Aug 13, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. camcap

camcap Active Member

Right looking at either facelift Phoenix pro/ x 35 or gardiner slx 35 what's your views thanks :thumbsup:

Advertisement
  2. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

Basically comes down to if you really don't like lateral clamps then pay the extra 10% (+ angle adapter & brush if needed)

3. camcap

camcap Active Member

Not fussed about grips mate more bothered about quality

4. keir

keir Guru

Quality........gardiners

But saying that i know a lad who has a biiiiiiiig facelift x and has never replaced a clamp or had any spinning, i only have experience of the phoenix 22 which i absolutely lurve but this last 2 week i have been using my slx25 everyday and it is a brilliant pole and i have even got used to the clamps

5. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

I would say Gardiners. Fantastic poles the SLXs, couple that with what's commonly accepted as probably the best customer service in the industry & it's a very safe option!!;)

6. Ssierragls

Ssierragls Active Member

I would say Gardiners, I have not used a Phoenix, but from reading reviews. The clamps wear out quickly and the pole starts spinning and according to reviews the slx is stiffer.

The new smart clamps on the slx are brilliant once they have been set up properly.

7. camcap

camcap Active Member

Thanks for the help guys think it's gonna be the slx :)

8. Stephen Fox

Stephen Fox Active Member

A 35ft SLX will be stiffer against a 35 Phoenix Pro as they are different material (Carbon vs Composite). Most negative comments of poles are usually from those not owing or even used them. Better asking people who have both for a balanced review regardless of what brand.

9. Ssierragls

Ssierragls Active Member

I was relaying information of people who have used both. None of the comments were being negative, just stating facts regarding stiffness and wear

10. Stephen Fox

Stephen Fox Active Member

Ssierragls, that wasn't directed at yourself. It was more of a general observation regardless of the product. Mac vs PC, Xbox vs Playstation, etc, etc Most people hate that they may of made the wrong decision and defend what they bought giving reasons that another option is 'not as good' whether it may or may not be the case.

But concerning your post, I would not class those as facts at all. Out of thousands of poles out there, very little reports of wear and if that is the case it'll be from first run poles over12 months of use that can have upgraded clamps to work as new.

As for stiffness, this us also not the case. Comparing an SLX & Phoenix x side by side you will see very little difference, with the Phoenix actually being more ridged in tests done a while back. I have the photos to compare. It is never cut an dry case as there will be production variations but barely anything in it.

Advertisement