Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Old Biddy Tried To Diddle Me

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

These old gals are cute aren't they! I clean 8 small cottages that are all right next to each other. So, I knock the door for my £4 (yes I know, but they are tiny). She hands me a load of coins, "count that" she says. I eventually get to £2.90. Err, I 'need another £1.10'. "Ooh, hang on, what have I got here" she says. I notice there are some £5 notes in her purse, but she manages to find another 5p. "Can I owe you" she says. 'What if you give me a fiver and I give you £1 change?' I say. "Ooh, I didn't notice I had some notes" she says.

It's not the first time she's tried this trick :laugh:

Old ladies can be robbers mate. A couple of months ago I done this flat. It's over a bank. Nice place. I charge her £12. Anyway she hands me a 20. I gave her £8 change. I turned to walk away and she says hang on. You've only given me £7. I had handed over a fiver and 3 one pound coins. In the end I had to give her an extra quid.

talkin of diddlers i had an ageing spaniardView attachment 7811 pay me using African Rand coins instead of 2 pound coins. of course i didnt notice at the time. iv one of the rands stuck onto my van dashboard to make me feel bitter n twisted

Upstairs frosted get done once every 3 visits for my late paying/arsey customers. Makes me feel good HA!

Had a customer yesterday spent ten minutes on the doorstep chatting. Thanks see you next month as she closed the door. Had to knock again and tell her she still had my money in her hand.

Had a customer about a year back who had just got back from holiday in Greece. After cleaning her windows I knocked on the door for payment and she cheekily tried to hand me a load of euros, saying "I know you have property in turkey Steve, so I have these euros left over, I'm sure you wont mind taking them of me as payment".

"2 things" I replied, "I don't take foreign money for payment and secondly, turkeys currency is lira not euros!" Bloody nerve of some people

Upstairs frosted get done once every 3 visits for my late paying/arsey customers. Makes me feel good HA!
Used to do same back in the trad day

But as it takes 3 seconds of my life to do a bathroom nowadays may as well clean it

Used to do same back in the trad dayBut as it takes 3 seconds of my life to do a bathroom nowadays may as well clean it
Those 3 seconds add up mate /emoticons/wink.png

Back