Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Backpack red wire from controller

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dabber

Hi

Had a problem with flow controller on backpack.Taken the controller out today and the red lead from the controller is not attached to anything.Any ideas where this wire should go ?

cheers

dabber

Hi Dabber

This wire should be connected to the live battery terminal.

We would be happy for you to send this back to us and we will repair for you and send back to you as well as refunding your return carriage. If you would like this then please give our Customer Service Team a call on 01726 66400 tomorrow and they can arrange this.

Or if you need it more quickly then you could always either solder it back on to the terminal or connect it in to the other red wire that is connected to the live terminal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Alex

Im in communication with your company and they are sending me a new controller as the flow on position one on the switch was constant and I was unable to alter the flow.

i noticed the wire was lose when I took the controller out to replace it.

When I physically place the red wire on the battery connector the controller still only works on full flow on position one.

Is it likely that I will still need to replace the controller ?

Im waiting for an email response in the morning from Gardiners.

many thanks

dabber

Hi Alex

Im in communication with your company and they are sending me a new controller as the flow on position one on the switch was constant and I was unable to alter the flow.

i noticed the wire was lose when I took the controller out to replace it.

When I physically place the red wire on the battery connector the controller still only works on full flow on position one.

Is it likely that I will still need to replace the controller ?

Im waiting for an email response in the morning from Gardiners.

many thanks

dabber
Yes it will need the new controller you are being sent. 

The loose controller wire will have probably caused the controller to malfunction. 

Back