Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Taken Over Work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

joe34

I've taken over a big chunk of work ,which was really well looked after ,good prices and good customers but the guy who had it before me never chased the money owed and use to to let it go for sometimes 8 weeks ,He use to put a envelope through the door and detaills of how to pay on line ,which i've started to do too.

I need to change it around as i need that money in quicker ,would you wait till you more established before making any changes? eg collecting it sooner(within a week or two )like my own work, just dont want to start upsetting customers and what they are use too.

To be faire I would collect it the same week its cleaned. I think you will fine customer will be happier your coming round for it. From my understanding people dont like being due out money. Ive found people often getting ****** off when there owe a few weeks.

Yeh same as -M- the work I clean I collect Thursday or Friday tea time, if I need to work sat morning ill whip over the collecting when I finish and if there not in I just leave them a note

Yeah collect sooner, as long as you remain friendly and helpful they shouldn't mind.

Anyone who opposes should be told firmly yet calmly that this business is your means of income and putting food on the table for your family, so you have to collect sooner.

New start new rules, just tell them this is your routine for doing things, don't start saying you need the money to pay the bills, that makes you look like a saddo. You will soon learn which ones you have to collect and which can be relied upon to send it. Then always collect on the same evening so they know to expect you.

New start new rules, just tell them this is your routine for doing things, don't start saying you need the money to pay the bills, that makes you look like a saddo. You will soon learn which ones you have to collect and which can be relied upon to send it. Then always collect on the same evening so they know to expect you.
Thanks Vince ,i went collecting tonight and they all seemed all right .It starts to bug me when the money owed goes over 400 quid so had to collect.

Hi

I collect on wed for work i have done Mon, Tue and collect fri for work i have done Wed, Thurs and Fri if i miss them i put a note through and i pick any i have missed on sat after i finish work, If it keeps happening all the time to the same customer i would drop them or ask them if they could pay the week they are cleaned as all money is banked on sat morning, If they see there **** they are probably struggling and i wouldnt clean again or you could put there price up and see what happens.

The way I see it i have 4 kids and they cant wait 2 weeks for nothing so replace with someone who will pay

Back