Facia Cleaning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Jez86, Feb 19, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jez86

Jez86 Member

How much do you guys charge for a Facia clean? I know it depends on house size and how dirty they are but I've got a fairly large bungalow to do, probably take around 2 hours, maybe a bit longer, was thinking of charging £60-70. Is that too much or? I did a small bungalow when I first started last year and only charged £20 as i didnt know what to charge but regretted it a bit when her neighbour said she wanted hers doing too lol. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

If you say £65 and she says ooh, that's too much, then say well lets look specifically at what you want doing - find something insignificant to knock off the work order and readjust the price. "Oh, so you don't want the inside of the gutters cleaned, just emptied out, ok well in that case it'll be £45" etc...

Repeat until the customer accepts a price, or you decide it's not worth enough money to do the job.

3. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

what area of the country are you in and how much do you like to earn an hour, im outside london, near heathrow and look for 25-30PH so would be looking for around £50-£60

4. Jez86

Jez86 Member

I'm in north Yorkshire, try to aim around £20 an hour window cleaning, but would be nice to maybe earn 30 for a couple of hours, just wondered if that was a high price to pay..

5. mark m

mark m Hero

I guess you are cleaning the fascia by hand not wfp other wise a bungalow even a very large bungalow will not take that long just to clean fascia

6. instrength

instrength Well-Known Member

Just remember if it sounds cheep sometimes you put them off.

When I started like most I charged to get the job and then found out afterwards that I'd been to cheep. One client said "You need to put your prices up, you were half the price of the nearest competitor!"

Lessoned learned you can go down and see the reaction, remember you are in it to make a living as well.

Good luck Jez86

7. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Sounds about right even for a house.

My mistake was charging £30 when I first started, what a nightmare, did it by hand, and it was a hot day too!

8. Jez86

Jez86 Member

Yeah I'm doing it by hand as I'm traditional ... I think I'll just go with 60 or 70. He has a pond in his back garden too just where I need to out ladder up bout 15ft so will be a pain in the ass too lol

9. Extremecleansussex

Extremecleansussex Active Member

If you want £30ph then charge it. I always feel I've done fascias/gutters too cheaply especially when I read how SE people price it.

Yesterday I quoted a job for £120 to do Friday afternoon and that's fascias front and rear, conservatory roof and conservatory windows. She almost bit my hand off but I don't think it'll take more than a couple of hours, 3 hours max.

10. dmckellar

dmckellar Member

i do the fascias for a house building company.

priced it a bit too cheaply as i didnt realise the roughcaster would be so sloppy - id rather have £15 per hour doing that than £0.00 by asking to increase it. if you can afford to lose the job - then price it at the rate you want, if you want to get a foot in the door - market it as a favour to that customer - but make sure they dont tell all their friends it was at a reduced price. Dont cheapen your service just to keep busy as its hard to then increase the price.

Advertisement