Facilities Management Quote

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Smurf, May 7, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I’m out later to have a look at a job that is best described as a facilities management quote. It includes looking after the exterior of 7 smallish office buildings in an industrial park

Guttering - checking & clearing gutters/downspouts on a regular basis (cherry picker work)
    Building facade - cleaning cladding, windows, doors & signage on a regular basis.
    Hard surfaces - maintain parking areas, pavements & building entrances also required to pressure wash all hard surfaces areas on a regular basis.

To be honest it’s a bit out of my league but will put in a price anyway and see what happens.
    They just better be sitting down when they read my quote :D

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

And before someone mentions that one won't be done for FREE as the missus would kill me :D

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Here are some pics from google maps to get some idea of what the job in question looks like
    7 office building side view of cladding.jpg

7 office buildings.jpg

That should keep me busy for a while

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've also arranged for a chap from a cherry picker hire firm to meet up with me onsite tomorrow to conduct a free site survey (risk assesment) so I will know what if any will be the most suitable access platform to hire.

5. norm

norm Grand Master

:thumbsup: cha ching good luck mate

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#6 Smurf, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    Thanks norm but to be honest I think I will be wasting my time on that one. After having a look around just now the buildings are in a terrible state which to be honest was no suprise as I got the feeling as the chap keeps chasing me for a price that no one else is interested to do the job. I even asked if he was waiting for other quotes and he said no.

The way I see it the gutters are mostly inaccessible due to access issues like surrounding trees and sloping landscaping even trying to use a large reach cheery picker.

The cladding is very bad and looks like it hasn’t been cleaned in donkey years. Also moss is growing on the lower edge where it joins the curved soffits

Top windows frames & glass are again in a filthy state but also many glass units have oxidation staining from the cladding not to mention alot of operners have the rubber seals hanging down from the frames too.

Stairwell frames and glass are bad to say the least & the lower frames and glass are in a shocking condition too. To wfp that lot is going to be a nightmare to do as access is bad due to all the surounding shrubbery.

The blocked paved parking areas, entrances & paving around the buildings are not too bad compared to the general condition of the buildings.

To be honest that's the sort of job I would be only interested to do at a very silly high price as seems more hassle than it's worth.

A one off clean for that lot is going to run into several thousand of pounds so they would be well and truly smurfed :D

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

As cheapncheerful would say "best do a runner" :D
    Also forgot to mention none of those buildings have outside taps :rolleyes:

8. Neil

Neil Grand Master

I would be all over that one smurf get in there my son!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. TolishAPurd

Its worth a shot smurf. If you charge right, you could probably subcontract, or employ someone to do most of the work for you.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So what would you lads charge just to do the windows on that lot?

Advertisement