Fairy -lime and lemongrass

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by TolishAPurd, Sep 6, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TolishAPurd

If you can excuse the poncy name, then this stuff is worth a buy: http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesc...hing_up_Liquid_Lime_And_Lemongrass_433ml.html

I picked it up in a rush as there wasn't any ecover on the shelves, and am finding myself using it more and more- especially first cleans. It seems to have all the good stuff from fairy like the strong cleaning power, bubbles, slip etc, but without the stickiness, horrible smell, and green film on the glass.

I seem to get the best results when mixing a bucket as normal (2 second squirt), but topping up the applicator with 2/3 small drops before lathering the mop with my hand.

Everything I've said is all subjective, so I'd be interested to see what you guys make of it if you get a chance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I might try it but after 23 years of fairy and discovering ecover/flash concentrate I think I am converted

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

is that concentrated or regular thickness in your opinion?

4. TolishAPurd

Seems more regular to me mate. Its a lot less heavy then the green concentrate.

I'm an evover/vin man dave, but I reckon theres a lot to be said for this stuff too if you ever get caught out like I did.

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I tried with vinegar and was good and tried flash but left white marks
    Added a touch of vinegar to flash/ecover and fine
    No need for vinegar with flash concentrate as leaves no marks

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

will get one to try out . although im very happy with Aldis Magnum , i use 1 bottle a week [over 4 workers ] it wont hurt to have 1 fairy in the stash

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

1 bottle a week between 4
    I can do a bottle of ecover and flash in less than that on my own

8. TolishAPurd

I bought a bottle of magnum a little while back on your recommendation, and my mrs accidently threw it away with some other stuff. Bit gutted as its always good trying out different stuff. At least with soaps, if you don't like them, you just put them in the wife's cupboard and they don't go to waste.

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

looks as if this fairy is probably lighter in the hand to tip in than the magnum.

10. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

When I was on ecover daveyboy, I think I went through it twice as fast as fairy. You definitely have to use a lot more.

Advertisement