Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how long is long enough!!

ccservices

just got a call from a resident in a bunch of flats, only 3 stories high!!

he said that all the residents would be interested as i told them if i had the whole block i would clean the entrance and stairwell for free.

there is 5 blocks with 6 flats in each. 1 bay window and 4 small windows.

does £5 per flat seem to cheap or should i charge more?

just checked my pole height and damn!! it i can get the top providing i go right under and stretch...looks like im after a longer pole or make a attachment to give me just a bit more reach!!

Stand on some steps if you have them I use them on a town house with skylights I can just reach without them but easier with them.

If people are paying themselves then you are going to get an issue with the ground floor flats being charged out at the same price as the 3rd floor IMHO.

You could probably end up loosing the bottom flats and having drama as the tenants/owners on the ground floor will complain that you are making their nice clean windows dirty when cleaning the windows above.

Ideally you would try to get the body corporate of the flats the pay for a regular clean from the maintenance bill they all pay into. It maybe that window cleaning is part of the monthly levy, so you need to check that out. If it is then charge £10 for each flat.

We would probably charge £7 for the ground floor, £9 for the second and £10 for the third. But make it clear that you can't reach the 3 windows above the 'extension'. We are in the North East so we need to be a little more conservative with pricing than those in the south.

@Green Pro Clean Ltd probably will view this differently. If he has sufficient work then he will go in at a higher take it or leave it price. If you are short of work and need the customers then you would see things differently. But whatever, you need this to be an all or nothing job. Once they start messing around then you will find the job becomes a pain in the beautoxs.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
All them For 200 including communal areas 4 times per yer ... The residents don't have out to do with it if they pay service charges c.vit is that person u need to talk to

Personally I would go in at £10 per flat £300 total. But that's just me.
From my experience of quoting blocks of flats he won't get £10 per flat, more like £7/£8.

@ op, have you thought how you will clean the windows at the top of the sloping roof? And don't fall in the canal :laugh:

As said that block will be run by a management company some where in the contract the windows will be down to be cleaned may not be the frequency the residents want but it will get cleaned.

The chance of one person speaking on behalf of every one and collectecting the money will only end up being a pain there will always be a couple who won't want it done.

As said that block will be run by a management company some where in the contract the windows will be down to be cleaned may not be the frequency the residents want but it will get cleaned.The chance of one person speaking on behalf of every one and collectecting the money will only end up being a pain there will always be a couple who won't want it done.
I do a few in a block in letchworth as my niece lives there

Someone cleans them all but she's only had them done twice in the last 12 months but i do some of them monthly for the tennants who want them regularly cleaned

I do a block of flats thats a right mess with services, the stairwells are done a few times a year via the management company, but the flats are down to the residents, I have a few of them, another pole has a few, and the others either don't bother or perhaps have a trad on the odd one.

One of the residents that I do is the one that knows it all and speaks for the rest (always one on every block) he has been trying to get the management to have me doing the lot, but to be honest I much prefer picking up the £8 cash off each resident rather than chasing from a company. Each flat has 4 windows front, 4 back (1 is a patio door) best go £1 a window ish IMO, especially on them nice easy brown frames!

My advice would be under a tenner as they all wont pay it, and get the cash off each of them in a set place before each clean, on mine they all stash in a little box for me as they get a text the night before I come, when I turn up loads of envelopes with £8 in each easy money.

It all depends what kind of service charge they are paying and the service they get for that price.

I clean a lot of blocks of flats some I clean are monthly some bi monthly only one I have is 3 monthly but the companies I do work for aren't tight.

Some managment companies are tight and don't like spending money others the residents just aren't paying enough to cover regular window cleaning.

I know of one site where a managment company put magnetic squeegees inside the residents meter cupboards and told them to do it themselves.

Latest Posts

Back