Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

upgrade my DI vessel??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Greener

Hi All,

I only have a 450GPD unit at the moment and to be honest it suits my needs for now, I was thinking about upgrading to a 40/40RO but upon reflection the only thing I would save is time filling the tank. So Ive decided to stick with the 450GPD unit for now. I want to upgrade my DI vessel to a larger on as I have to constantly change the resin in my SMALL 1Ltr cartridge. I was thinking of purchasing an 11ltr one??

Is it as simple as I think? remove old 1Ltr housing - secure new 11Ltr vessel - connect existing hose and *Boom* all done?

Not sure about when it comes to water pressure's ect ect??

yes, just bypass the one you have. connect new one.

you may need, 1/4" to 1/2" adaptors (depending what pipes you have) but that about it.

i use 1/4" Johnguest to hoselock male, then a short 1/2" hose with hoselock female each end to the DI.

Do you need a booster pump for the 450gpd @Greener ?

which one have you got?

i need an R.O but dont want to for out on a 40/40, i have somewhere to store water

how long would it take to say make 500l of pure?

Do you need a booster pump for the 450gpd @Greener ?which one have you got?

i need an R.O but dont want to for out on a 40/40, i have somewhere to store water

how long would it take to say make 500l of pure?
Hi @adamangler, I don't use a booster pump but my water pressure is pretty good by all accounts its just under 55psi - 2.5bar going into the membranes. Its very slow at filling the tank, it takes around 14 hours to fill my 450ltr tank from empty, but that doesn't mean the tap is running on full blast for the 14 hours as the system regulates the flow so it trickles into the tank the same way the waste water trickles down the drain.

Hi @adamangler, I don't use a booster pump but my water pressure is pretty good by all accounts its just under 55psi - 2.5bar going into the membranes. Its very slow at filling the tank, it takes around 14 hours to fill my 450ltr tank from empty, but that doesn't mean the tap is running on full blast for the 14 hours as the system regulates the flow so it trickles into the tank the same way the waste water trickles down the drain.
ok thanks, i will have a look into it, only use a bag of resin every 3 months so dont really need one yet but i will do at some point.

Back