Fan jets vs pencil jets

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by andy1992, Aug 4, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. andy1992

andy1992 Member

Hi guys, if your double jetting a brush is it better to have fan jets nearer the centre of the brush head and pencils on the outer or vice versa? Also is it ok to have jets on extreme outer as these seen to ve the only other pre drilled holes that fit my jets?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Sorry I can't help as I don't have my brushes set up with pencil and fan jets on the same brush.
    Great idea though so worth having a play and see which works best for you:thumbsup:

3. cheapncheerful

interesting post....but i not got a clue ...so i keep reading....ta...cause there be two types of glass....and one is funny...:D

4. andy1992

andy1992 Member

Tried putting the fan jets in. Don't seem to be spraying right and have given my brush a baldy by pulling nearly all the bristles out lol. Nightmare

5. cheapncheerful

6. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

Still waiting for a brush with both jet types that can be selected for preference, probably requires solar powered microelectronics with remote control or something...

7. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

Or maybe an inline on/off switch :D

I believe Reach-It supply a fitting for doing just this - 'Sam Johnston' fitting or something like that.

8. cheapncheerful

yeh i was wondering if that sort of thing was around....it would be nice to be able to choose...especially with the two types of glass...

9. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

You mean John Guest?
    Yeah that would work, 2 T types from the jets going into another T type with a switch. You would still have to collapse the pole though or remember which of your thousands of windows are hydrophobic!

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If i'm honest fan jets seem to work well for me on both types of glass so to be honest I can't see the point myself. If for some strange reason I want pencil jets then it's just as quick to change the brush over as all of my brushes have quick loq fittings on them.

Advertisement