Fan jets

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by SPCleaning, Jan 7, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I have always used pencil and have decided to give fans a shot. I am assuming the technique must be different. Higher flow rate maybe? Any tips so that I get the best out of them?

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

My tip is to clean everything in sight of the window, especially the top frame. I used them none stop for a good few months because I liked the sound of them. Pencils are more accurate. Give them a try, you might love them :thumbsup:

3. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

I am thinking of trying fan jets out, but only on conny roofs and Facsias

4. dredge3

dredge3 Well-Known Member

Use fans all the time now, on a high flow. Uses less water and has a wider spread. Sometimes I switch back for a day or 2 lol. Still cant decide, but spend much more on fan

5. mufcglen

mufcglen Well-Known Member

ive had fan jets for a while on my brushes as well as jets but never used them however before christmas i started using them and found that i needed to put the flow rate up to work efficiently but funnily enough i saved more water, i think ive saved as a rough guide anouther 5-10 houses worth of water in the tank.
    i love the noise too and with steamy warm water it feels like im using a steam cleaner lol

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I personally prefer to use fan jets than pencil on everything now.

7. abs

abs Guru

Right my experience with fan jets it they sit above the brush , I got on fine with them on big commercial jobs ,but how do you lot manage when the brush has to go to the top of the glass on domestic ? Surely you spray the brick work and everything

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Theses days fan jets are fitted in the brush stock not fitted to an arm above the brush.

9. abs

abs Guru

The ionics brushes were fantastic :) don't the bristles stop the spray though or is it just a case of adjust till good ?

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

The gardiner wide fan jets fitted to their brushes as standard work. If you buy a new brush you have the option now as an optional extra to have them come with fan & pencil already fitted so can just swap over which jets you want to use.

Advertisement