Fan Or Pencil

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Fazza123, Nov 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Fazza123

Fazza123 Member

Hi folks !!
    Im trying to start out with my system,trying being the operative word here! My first problem has been my brush jets? I cant seem to get a straight answer from my mates about which jets are best for using?

What is the difference between fan and pencil jets ?

I was using a broadex but ive just bought a vikan fan jet, any help would be much appreciated !!!!!!!!!!

Also does everyone use 2mm pencil or do some people drill them a little bigger?

I was told WF was easier but i think ive hit every snag there is ?? one problem at a time thou lol

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Extremecleansussex

Extremecleansussex Active Member

I use pencil jets and they work fine for me. The difference between fan and pencil is that pencil jets spray a thin jet of water and fan jets spray a fan.

As long as you're getting a decent flow of water it doesn't really matter which you have.

3. mark m

mark m Hero

my new fan jets arrived today so i will let you now if they are any good tomorrow

4. rcproperty2

rcproperty2 Member

i find pencil jets are alot better, they are more powerful and seem to use less water for rinsing down,

if it is windy then the spray from the fan jets just goes everywhere and not always on the window,

5. Fazza123

Fazza123 Member

Thanks ! Pretty much what i thought but i cant believe the stuff im being told?
    Surely the pressure on thye pump defines how much and how fast the water comes out of the brush?
    At the risk of these questions sounding silly to some folk there questions im getting a mixed response from my friends?

Cheers all

6. Martyn

Martyn Active Member

Lots of guys trying the new Gardiners low pressure fans just now, so cheap that you can try them for yourself for less than a pint of beer. :)

7. rcproperty2

rcproperty2 Member

not silly questions at all, being new to the game you have to ask these things and this is what we are here for,

8. Fazza123

Fazza123 Member

Thanks mate !!

9. Squeak and Bubbles

10. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Both types of brush jets can be used; pencil jets are much quicker for window cleaning.

Richard

Advertisement