Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Networking

• Thread starter MyLittleCleaningCompany
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

M

MyLittleCleaningCompany

Just got back from my Friday networking meeting and was curious if anyone else does this? I go to two now and it's given me some great contacts. For those that don't know (this was very new to me until a few months back) it's a informal meeting with local businesses, chat drink coffee pass details etc. Several places will have formal speakers etc, others will be less formal. Already made contacts within the council, local publishers. I was a bit sceptical at first but have already seen the benefit. I've made the decision that Friday is a spare day for all the other business and catch up work so this fits in nicely.

It would be good to hear what others do?? J

I'd never thought of doing something like this but its given me food for thought, just had a quick look to see if there is any meetings in my area and I'm in luck, there's a meeting next week and its in a hotel that a good friend of mine manages /emoticons/wink.png happy days.

i got invited a couple of months ago & went to the first one & liked it & thought it was a good idea then i found out about how much it costs a year ( over a grand if you pay by direct debit ) & that if you miss too many fridays 12-2 you can get kicked off. but if i could spare the time (i cant) i would give it a go for a year or if i could find one that meets of an evening

Hi Jamie I did get offered a month or so ago by my uncle but never went due to not being set up properly, think in going to take him up on his offer, how dies it work do you introduce yoursel to the whole group or do you have to walk around meeting people.

one i went to i had to stand up & talk about me & my business for , i think a minute -- longest minute of my life - like standing outside headmasters door waiting for the cane lmao

They're all run differently. The ones I go too are free and independent which apparently are very rare to come across. Knoxy, go to one you'll be surprised (hopefully) what doors get open. Simon - Some can be really expensive, the Cambridge Chamber Of Commerce is well of £1200 a year but after speaking with a few business owners who have fairly large companies they said that at our stage you wouldn't see a return but once you get to a certain size. It's worth keeping an eye on what they're doing as they will sometimes hold free open days / evenings where you can go along and network. Paul - One of mine is an informal chat in a coffee house, there's no agenda just meet and see who's about. Sometimes I might be there only for half an hour or so other times I stay for a couple of hours. (depending what I have on!) The other is a bit more formal in that you have a minute to stand up and do your pitch! It's daunting at first but good practice in learning how to sell yourself and your business. But then after that its a free for all and you just chat to whoever. So far I've got a add in the local town magazine, which will be the only cleaning/window cleaning one allowed. This has brought on more jobs, met the chair of the local B&B society who took my card plus all the other members get your card. A lady who owns an accountancy company contacted me this week as her colleague needed a cleaning company. So def worth while doing.

Latest Posts

Back