Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Nytmare customer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shaun1977

Had a customer on Friday cleaned his windows for second time he watched me clean them then came out and with a right at***ude told me he wasn't happy with the job I was doing on his house as I was finishing the job as I was leaving the windows wet. I fully explained the whole wfp pure water to wich he replies that he used to be a window cleaner and he knows that it's not the case that windows are left wet.the continued to talk to me like I was a fool and that I was trying to con him so I told him to google wfp and to look for himself to wich he asked for my phone number and registration number (I was puzzled about registration thing) so u give him business card and told him if he wasn't happy to ring me as I was back round tues collecting. Iv had no phone call so do I go back round tues to collect or just not bother?

To top the day off the very next customer came to door and told me I'd done **** job as I'd left bird poo on the kitchen window so I asked to be shown and there was no way on earth I'd missed the bird poo on window the man has huge garden and at bottom has around 6 or 7 pigeons tht come and go as thy plz so I explained that one of those could of done it but he would have it

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?mnoexw

Thats quite funny, so, this ex window cleaner who persumably used the trad method has never heard of water fed pole, I know a fair few who prefer trad over wfp but thats peoples personal prefrence.

If he used to be a window cleaner begs the question why doesnt he clean his own windows lol?

if you dont go back he will be laughing and have conned you personally id get paid and dump why didnt he do his own windows if he claimed he use to be a wc

go back and get it money

all they are moaning at is the fact that a lot of old timers think trad is a skill and a very hard skill at that, now that wfp is here any tom **** and harry is becoming a window cleaner

basically they dont feel you earn your money

Go back and collect the money, don't get mugged off by an ignorant fool who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. You've provided a service and now you need to get paid.

i hate that i " I know what im on about i use to be a ......." i use to get it all the time as a joiner when working for the council one guy use to be a joner a sparky and a plumber or so he told everyone when he tryed having a go at me and said that he use to do all that i just turned round and said to him if thats the case why do you work at mcdonalds? he wasnt impressed and told me boss thinking id get a rollocking but my boss just laughed and said nice one its shut the gobby git up.

oh yer get ure cash and drop him or even when you go back point out how clean they are

His wife probably got you to do their windows as she's fed up waiting for him to do them. Then you turn up when she's not there, he's cheesed off because he's now got to pay AND he knows he's not keeping his wife satisfied with his performance (ref window cleaning, of course). So he takes it out on you, you strapping hunk of a window cleaner ;-)

i was cleaning a house today and next door came out and said how much do you charge i said £8 if its monthly and she said why so much i have it done for £6

i had looked at the house previously to this to knock and asked as the windows was clean but frames where dirty so thought thay had a wc so never bothered

anyway i turn around and said "check these frames doors and windows out once iv finished and compare them to yours " why she said "well your frames are rather dirty and oviosly your wc isnt cleaning them and tbh i dont blame him for £6 lol plus i turn around and said i aint looking to take work of other window cleaners sorry if he lets u down give me a ring

but she said it in a nasty way like (WHY DO YOU CHARGE SO MUCH THEN I GET THEM DONE FOR £6 ILL STICK WITH MY WC THEN)

even if she did ring me id take the job with a pinch of salt as she oviosly looking for a better deal else where

NUTTERS OUT THERE LOL

I was doing a new one yesterday and next door came out, how much we would like done, I said £10, med semi with small sun room, but she said oh il have to ask the husband ( its usually the other way around haha ) but before I left I got a flyer from the van and knocked her door. she said her last window cleaner charged £5 for just the front but he never came back... What the .. Did she have to think about?

Went today to get money from him and was gobsmacked when he gave me a apology
Probably been spoken to by the wife or sobered up;)

Went today to get money from him and was gobsmacked when he gave me a apology
Probably been spoken to by the wife or sobered up;)
Just another point - you never really know what goes on behind the front door. We probably see more of life than most, but we don't get to know exactly why people behave the way they do. Just log it away and put it down to experience.

Back