FAO Alex. New SLX Clamps!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by J D, Mar 4, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. J D

J D Well-Known Member

Dont have my slx 18 very long and i dont use it that often, as my current slx is still in one piece. Already the end section has got the dreaded spin disease! Its got the new clamps fitted as well ! Im so annoyed about this, really thought this new Gardiners clamp system had solved this horrible problem!
    Maybe ive just been unlucky? Anyone else having problems?

Advertisement
  2. TJTOPCAT

TJTOPCAT Member

I thought the new gardiners clamps are self adjusting.??
    Tighten them up enough to be able to extend each section without to much resistance.
    You do need to tighten them up enough to stop the pole sections twisting though.

3. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Mine seems to 'get loose' again. I tighten the little wing nut but very soon the pole will spin if I am using it sideways on. (If you know what I mean)

4. J D

J D Well-Known Member

I know where your coming from fellas. However i cant physically tighten it any further or ill crack the section! Its as tight as it will go!

5. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

#5 ♠Winp®oClean♠, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    It might be worth checking to see if the threaded bar is screwed fully into the cylindrical retainer on the cam part of the clamp, as if not the clamp may not close as it is supposed to do giving the problem you describe. The nut might be fully threaded in but the bar not meaning the clamp can't close any tighter. You might want to remove the nut & try screwing the bar further in with some pliers.

6. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I might look at that tomorrow. I am never sure how much pressure should be applied to the lever to close it and lock the pole into place. I am afraid to tighten it too much in case I damage the thing.

7. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

Hi JD

How old is the pole?

Best thing to do is to contact us with the purchase date and some detailed photos of the affected part. It would be very surprising for one of our new poles to be spinning if fitted with Smart Clamps.

8. Alex Gardiner

Supplier

Sounds like you need some new locking nuts. If the pole is under 12 months old get in contact and we can sort this out for you.

9. J D

J D Well-Known Member

Hi Alex. It was purchased via surecleansystems on Sept 10th 2014. As for pictures, everything looks fine, no physical looking wear on the problem clamp. Its just not possible to tighten anymore and the section spins!

10. Alex Gardiner

Supplier

Hi JD

Could you email me several clear photos of the clamp when open, closed and the section clamping on to so that I can check it over?

alex@agardiner.co.uk

Advertisement