Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Suggestions..

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M

MelbourneOne

First time post. I have a challenge for you all - Im looking for alternative Techniques or chemicals to clean the skylights of this shopping centre. Its a first time clean in nearly 5 years.

View attachment 4130

Looks quite easy to reach so if just use man power

If you want to use a bit off something to break it down wash and soak in ecover then rinse with pure

I'd soak them in virosol first a good scrub looks like all they need and have a scraper to hand for and stubborn marks should do the job fine

Hi & welcome @MelbourneOne :thumbsup:

That amount of baked on bird poo is not going to be an easy job for sure.

I'm also surprised the skylight does not have bird spikes along the ridge as they are obviously very active up there. The birds probably use the roof for roosting too so you may get attacked as well if you go anywhere near them in the roosting season.

How are you thinking of doing it yourself and like @Tuffers said access them safely?

That reminds me I must have me Sunday nap now as is overdue :zzz:

Or the younger ones would say time for a bit of Sunday nesting /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back