Fascia soffit and gutter outsides cleaning advice....

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by Scottie, May 27, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Scottie

Scottie Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I have been asked to clean the above and wondered how people go about it. I here TFR is good or ubik 2000.

I have not doen any of his cleaning as yet, so wondered if you could list down your action plan on doing this job. I was going to use soapy applicator and apply it to the fascia etc and wait and then WFP it all, the fascia etc are dirty and looks tuff. Is there anyhting I can get from a shop that you guys recommed?

I want to buy a solution but do not want to spend loads. Any adive would be great. I just imagine a saopy applicator and then WFP might be hard work and may need a solution. How do you guys apply the solution to the fascia? I do not have a sprayer, so was thinking again to apply to applicator and rub on.

Thank you very much for any replies. :)

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I don't think you'll need a solution or any kind of chemical unless they are really bad Scottie, your pure water will do the job and the brush should easily remove all the dirt/moss,

Personally I prefer to get up the ladder and hand clean it with a cloth and soapy water, but either way, I've never used chemicals, and never needed them so far!

They might look really dirty, but almost always they come up easily...

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Depends how bad the white plastic are if you need to use chems/cream cleaners or not. Some newer plastics are a doddle to do and other jobs are hard work to get them looking clean. I've found just using pure water alone will not get greying and discolured plastics clean so yes you do need sometimes to get up there and do them by hand if you have suitable ladder access as you can do a better job.

If you want to try something cheap to buy at local shops to put on your brush to get surface dirt off then try flash concentrate gel (lemon) is as just as good as most degressers. To be honest you can't beat a good hand job though to get really tough stains off using elbow grease, scrub pads and chems/cream cleaners to bring badly stained plastics back to white.

4. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Maybe do a patch test as part of your quote?

5. Jake

Jake Grand Master

I've never done a gutter clean that hasn't come up well with my bucket of fairy liquid and water... Never had to buy chemicals

6. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Some chems you MUST have in van are - solvent cleaner , winsol crystal clear , and jif

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Or something similar to jif wich is a cream cleaner.
    I've also found cilit bang lime and grime works well on stained plastics

8. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

There's only one crystal clear tho
    It's amazing for water stains
    Never found owt like it (that's Yorkshire for -anything)

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Today I used flash concentrate gel on me brush and worked rather well especialy on filthy conservatory white roof frames, finials & crests as I could not use anything stronger as it had self cleaning glass. Mind you I was using hot pure water too which also helped alot

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Add Virosol and uPVC cream cleaner to that list :thumbsup:

Advertisement