fasica cleaning tips

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by paul stallard, Aug 19, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paul stallard

paul stallard Member

please can someone tell me how to apply a pre soak to fasica ???

what products and reviews what to be aware off
    ubik or virosol or tfr ( what ratios)

whats best way to clean them
    wfp or ladder

i have a couple to do and need infomation before i do ?? many thanks cant wait to see what other do

Advertisement
  2. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Buy a 5.4 metre pre spray extension lance from mosskillers (google them) then simply use Ubik2000 1 part to approx 8 or 10 water, I sometimes go stronger if it's really bad and the weathers not to hot to dry it before you wash it off as it can stain if left on too long. Thats all I use for plastic cleans and there come up great and shine well.

3. paul stallard

paul stallard Member

i did use mt water fed pole with old brush with just water to first clean and then pure to second clean but it wasnt the best, looked alot cleaner but not the shine i hoped for, that way i fort i ask if anyone else using ubik or traffic remover and how they get on with it, well i have a spray bottle dont think i can reach will need to make somethink ty any more people clean soffits etc, nice to get people chatting :)

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Mix a bit of washing up liquid with water and ubik so it is thicker and apply with your wfp brush
    Then turn on water and scrub
    Works for me

5. Lewis

Lewis Well-Known Member

I spray Ubic on then brush off with hot pure water come up a treat

6. jamiesmack

jamiesmack Active Member

What do you use for spraying the ubik on Lewis ?

7. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Anyone use any eco-friendly cleaning agents on fascias, like ecover or similar? I sometimes spray on some ecover and vinegar mix before washing off with oure but I don't know if it makes a difference or not as pure on its own works fine for me too.

8. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Ubik or virosol, either go b&q for a Harris pole or buy a cheap carbon fishing pole. Extend the lance on a pressure sprayer with pole hose. You can also just attach it to your wfp to spray it on. Ubik and virosol are made by clover by the way and are plant based so are eco friendly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Just hot pure on it's own is fine for most, but on really bad ones like the type that aint been cleaned for 15 years plus I find just hot pure even at 75/85 deg needs some kind of alkaline solution to break it up to make sure there fully cleaned. If I forget my extension pre sprayer, I just wet a bit down first then spray solution on my brush and work it in for a min or 2 then scrub and wash off.

10. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Be nice to have hot pure, but a black van and a sun is all I have to heat my water so it's usually just luke warm :D

Always assumed ubik abd virosol were chemicals, didn't realise they were natural - I will be checking them out soon in that case :thumbsup:

Advertisement