Faster Way Of Reeling In The Hose

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by mak2503, Jun 11, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mak2503

mak2503 Newcomer

Just wondering if there has ever been a way of reeling in the hose to make our lives a bit easier.

It is not that reeling in the hose is difficult but if you reel it in quite a few times a day having a method where we push a button and it reeled in itself would make life easier and speed up time ready for the next job.

I was thinking of a way of attaching it to the leisure battery and have a simpler version of a winch that you get on the front of 4wds. I even thought of attaching a bolt to the side of the reel so I could use a cordless impact driver/ drill.

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

this has been done a few times, most end up going back to the handle, I think there is some vids on youtube

3. OoO

OoO Guest

We have a van fitted with an auto electric reel.

It's epic. But I work from a different van and I use a trolley for the whole round.

4. Masons

Masons Guru

This is an epic repost or a million reposts.lol

5. HotWash Window Cleaners

Hopefully it won't get caught when automatically reeling back in. That could be a day changer, might have to stop working and fix it.

6. john p

john p Member

can you make a video of the reel Damo I would love to see it

7. OoO

OoO Guest

Yeah I can do. It's being fitted to another van soon.

We changed one van. But changing another now as well

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You can get one of theses electric cox reels but they are not cheap :Image16:

http://www.coxreels.com/motor_driven_reels/index.html

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

When I first started using van mount, I used to get in a right pickle. I sometimes just used to bungle it all in the back an drive off to the next job.

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Easy way I find when finished on a job is to pick the end up of the hose with the wfp and walk it back to the van making sure it's not doing to get snagged when I go to reel it in.

Like wise when reeling out the hose rather than struggle to pull it around corners etc I find easier to walk the hose out in a straight line first rougly enough lengh to get to the back of a house I'm working on then with pole in hand walk the hose around the back being mindfull is dosn't snag on things.

Advertisement