Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ubik on Guttering

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BIG NO as would kill a wfp pump as is not chemical resistant. However you could use a chepo pump up or 12 volt backpack sprayer for the job.

Trev wot was their upvc cleaner like was it any good thanks bill
Hi Bill, still not tried it out yet, I have just been using up my stock of Ubik first which has been doing the jobs I have had good enough, but I hope to try it out soon so I can see if it's any better. Will post a update when I have

Hi Bill, still not tried it out yet, I have just been using up my stock of Ubik first which has been doing the jobs I have had good enough, but I hope to try it out soon so I can see if it's any better. Will post a update when I have
Tried it out today sprayed on left 5 mins and off the dirt came I thought it was brill

Thanks for the heads up on the pump, I'll maybe try and make something out of a Harris pole or I seem to remember reading something you posted about using a double inline flow valve ? That would be the simplest option I'm guessing ?

And I've just got my first diy trolley running this evening so will post some pics tomorrow after it's done it's first job.

Cheers

Also you could rig up a diy telescopic sprayer pole from an old wfp

or you could get something like this instead http://www.mosskillers.co.uk/equipment/sprayers/spray-extension

I've cleaned a few fsg and always just used wfp, sometimes pure and sometimes just tap water. Always comes up great without the need for any chemicals. If I ever came across a stain that wouldn't budge I'd just use ecover, but for me just water and scrubbing with a brush has always been totally fine. Why use chemicals when water does the job..

I've cleaned a few fsg and always just used wfp, sometimes pure and sometimes just tap water. Always comes up great without the need for any chemicals. If I ever came across a stain that wouldn't budge I'd just use ecover, but for me just water and scrubbing with a brush has always been totally fine. Why use chemicals when water does the job..
I find using UBIK/Virosol not only makes the job easier and ensures a good clean, it leaves the f/s/g rather shiny when compared to using just pure? Using the telescopic pre sprayer it takes no time at all to pre spray it all then wash down with heated pure, and the cost of UBIK is very cheap so for me it's a no brainer, for example you can wash a car with just water but most tend to use a shampoo or TFR type products to the same effect. We all have our own methods and what works best, I'm all for making the job easier /emoticons/smile.png which I fiind it does.

Ahh you see trev81, I'm one of those what you call tree-hugging hippy types and as such don't use any chemicals :thumbsup: I've found if I use a microfibre and wipe down all of the guttering after cleaning to dry then it always leaves in proper shiny. Maybe chems is quicker, it always takes me 2 hours to do a full fsg clean, not sure if thats slow or not.

Point taken about cleaning vehicles though, I cleaned my black van with tap water a while back and it was awful, spotting everywhere, even with pure it wasn't great, now gets an ecover sponge bath before rinsing with pure and then wiped down with a microfibre... Infact it could do with a one-armed clean today me thinks! /emoticons/biggrin.png

How many f/s/g jobs have you actually done @MrBump? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm.. The lower side of ten... I'll shut up and leave it to the experts /emoticons/biggrin.png

I was going to say wait until you get a real bad one as water or even most chems don't get the stains off them. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Was thinking of spraying inside the guttering a day before and leave overnight. I saw another member say they sprayed the conservatory with a chemical and left it overnight then washed the next day. I think it was a pretty safe chemical. I thought this would break up some of the dirt, then be easier to vacuum/ jetwash.

Anyone else tried this?

I found this stuff

http://www.bambuzo.com/uk/drainout-dof0632n-drain-freshener-clog-preventer-32-fluid-ounces-environmentally-safe-powerful-drain-cleaner-septic-safe.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwkv-rBRDwoMLav-2l9KIBEiQAUTkDUzVkxMVU0iGOtG9Awf8xifTRfQN7ISnpKzOKUdq2LzIaArD88P8HAQ

I can't see the point in putting that stuff in guttering myself as is all added cost to the job

Well that's an Ankalad and Microlight ordered from Ebay !!

Apart from a bit of roof walking whats to be done for those little porch roofs above front doors most of these newer bigger houses have ? I thought I could attach the Gutter Pro onto a a reach around adapter and clear the rubbish out from the ground, didn't take into account needing to get the thing into the gutter first :confused:

Latest Posts

Back