Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Makes me think

mark m

My ro is knackered and i need to by a new one but last sunday i filled up my van with my twin 27" di vessel the reading was 1ppm from them i have just filled up again as i am a bit behind this month so i have got to work saturday morning anyway the reading is still only 6ppm ok it is time to change but i have had 2400lt this week and my water is 240ppm .Makes me think how long would it last when i put new resin in ? .It would save me having a static tank in garage so more room and buying a new ro and all that wasted water i do fill bad about .

ooh i like that calculater im getting a back pack system and only gona use a couple of hundred litres a month itl probally work out better for me to just use di rather than ro and di

I'm di only, and use water which comes out the tap at about 60ppm. A 25l bag of resin will do me just over 3 months. So i think for you at 240ppm, di only would prove quite costly.

I'm di only, and use water which comes out the tap at about 60ppm. A 25l bag of resin will do me just over 3 months. So i think for you at 240ppm, di only would prove quite costly.
Yes it will be costly but how much i do not know as i have said it is twin di vessel i am going to have a go i rent space etc which is why i am wondering how long i could get out of it .it could be cheaper than renting more space if you use the calculater i would go though a bag a week that is why i stuck to ro but in a way i am glad my ro has broke

my water is about 360 but i only want to use about 800 litres a month so works out at about 16 quid a month is that worth it or should i use ro aswell

also if i use twin di vessels that will make it even cheaper wont it?

Yes, it would seem using 2 vessels will work out cheaper. This has been mentioned a couple of times on posts before, but me being a bit thick, took a while to get my head round it!. But how it would work is, use 1st vessel up to the point where you would normally change (which for me is about 10ppm), then put your 2nd vessel in after the 1st vessel. The 1st vessel is still bringing the ppm down, even though it has gone above what you would use on the windows, so the 2nd vessel, with the fresh resin, has less to do, and lasts longer. Then, once the resin in the 1st vessel isnt having any more effect, change the resin, and swap places, 'simples' (i think!).

Yes, it would seem using 2 vessels will work out cheaper. This has been mentioned a couple of times on posts before, but me being a bit thick, took a while to get my head round it!. But how it would work is, use 1st vessel up to the point where you would normally change (which for me is about 10ppm), then put your 2nd vessel in after the 1st vessel. The 1st vessel is still bringing the ppm down, even though it has gone above what you would use on the windows, so the 2nd vessel, with the fresh resin, has less to do, and lasts longer. Then, once the resin in the 1st vessel isnt having any more effect, change the resin, and swap places, 'simples' (i think!).
well said /emoticons/wink.png

I think RO is still the way even with 2 inline. but why don't you just try it for a couple of months before you commit. if you are on water meter it would have added savings.

I would feel RO is still the way to go personally. but suck it and see?! can post results on here too then!

just been reading about a chap who says he's doubled the amount he gets from resin.

he uses the 2 di's, as is talked of a lot lately, but what he does is puts 50% of used in the 1st, 30% new in the 2nd, when tds rises, stirs them and brings it back down. when it stops bringing it down he puts the 30 into the 50 and put new in the 2nd, again 30%.

i don't know if it is any different to when folk just shake now and then, nor can i validate it as i don't twin di, but something to chew over! also doubt it will be much use for tds of 250! would probably need a few di vessels, which is bordering on ridiculous

Back