Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I want to invest in a trolley and need to fill from van tank...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sometimes you have to go down the trial and error route to find what works best for you and your work.

For me, the compact 25ltr Pure Freedom trolley, 25mtr of PU hose and an SL-X18 & 25 works really well. I have no need of and neither do I want a van mounted system as it would be surplus to my requirements. As much as I love the look of the 45ltr XLine trolley, it too would be overkill for me.

I have a mate who works with his son. They worked from a van mounted system for a long time but have found that using two 60ltr trolleys actually works best for them. I have two other friends who both work with their wives and have the full works, using backpacks for the odd job with access problems.

So it's very much horses for courses, and if the course changes adapt with it if need be.

So I really need to invest soon in a trolley as a few of the places I do I am sick of pulling out 60 odd metres of hose to clean 5 back windows, just think it's the way to go for some places and I seem to be getting more of these types including terraces… I will go for the new Xline 45L trolley as I think it looks sexy and I like the idea of 45L rather than 25L, but currently I just have a 650L tank with no fast fill outlet so can't fill a trolley from it currently, could any of you in the know explain in simple langauge what I need to buy and how to do it, if I think it is something I can do without dropping loads of nuts and washers in my tank i may have a go, failing that I will prob take it back to Xline and get them to put me a fill tap on.
Cheers
What I would do is fill it up when you fill your tank plus fill additional 25ltr drums and simply top up, if only using for a few back here and there maybe all you need?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I use a trolley system.

For me being on my own with no co workers, I feel safer in public areas knowing I have no large amounts of trailing hose for people to trip on etc. (for normal estates it dosn't matter too much).

Also I find a trolley system good for hard to access areas, or restricted parking etc.

But I am looking at a van with DIY system. I would just use a bilge pump to pump water from van tank to containers.

You wouldn't believe how some people just don't look where they are going. I had a tourist walk into my ladder (when I was trading). Her family members told her off lol, but nearly knocked me off.

Start of the day maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
My idea is quite simple, store trolley in van, pull out when needed 'empty' take to the side door of my van, fill what I need roughly for the job via a fast fill from the van tank, then once done pick it up and put it back in the van.

I plan to use my main system 95% of the time but there are times where a trolley would be better suited

Now you put it that way Trev I see your point

We done some good days with van mount plus trolley

They are very expensive new

Build one or strap back pack to a sack truck unless you got spare cash to blast ( pure freedom trolley is robust )

A trolley is a good back up van system too if owt goes wrong with main pump etc just plug in trolley to tank

Freedom trollies come up quite regularly on eBay at a fraction of the cost of a new one. I believe there were a couple on there last week. Is it worth perhaps buying a new one if its only going to be used 5% of the time? It also wouldn't need such a big battery. A lighter one could be used to keep the weight down.

I should of gave more info... The issue is not pulling out hose off the reel or winding in as I am quite a strong chap and this doesnt bother me that much, I lift the reel out the van on most jobs as I like to lock the van up on most jobs, regularly have 100m out, but do want electric in the future as its a faster way of working and will future proof the back I guess.
The reason I want a trolley is for a few reasons, 1 been a future emplyee doing the backs via a trolley, I think work flow would be far faster than messing about with 2 reels out on some homes.

Areas where running loads of hose is not ideal and a trolley would be much better.

Certain homes I do have shared alleyways to the back yards a few doors away, where again its not ideal running hoses over non customers drives/gardens to get round the back, yes I could move the van after fronts to do then do the backs but again I feel a trolley option for the backs would be a better/faster solution.

The 45L trolley has wheels so no issue with weight, even full it aint going to be that heavy tbf.
have you thought about fitting power up reels?

they save me shed loads of time and are a joy to use, just make sure you put the right hose on them which is 6mm, no back ache either!!

have you thought about fitting power up reels?they save me shed loads of time and are a joy to use, just make sure you put the right hose on them which is 6mm, no back ache either!!
Yes I have looked at power reels and will be investing in the reels or similar later this year to remove the manual winding in part of my day to day job, which will be a huge difference, will still look to get a bilge pump on my tank fitted and invest in a trolley for the occasions when portable unit is still a better option. The investments are never ending LOL!!

Is there a 6mm hot hose anybody recommends? I currently have 8mm, never looked at using 6mm, can't say using 8mm had ever been a issue for me, but would look at going lighter for sure, I'd have to find a matching colour for my 5mm pole hoses as I'm a tart and it all needs to match, ideally something bright /emoticons/smile.png

Trev have you thought about the easiest way to fast fill the backpack
Hi mate, not looking for a backpack, looking at putting a bilge pump in my tank to fill a trolley, I'd think that would be the best way?

Yes mate

There's a vid on utube were he fills a trolley from inch outlet with tap on and 1inch transfer pipe

Films in about 15 sec

I have a inchwide connection on me tank. Wen fully open it's very fast Most tanks shud have an inch connection all u need to do is

Ball valve on the start the way u wud a ro but don't drill it

Then went fully open it easy peasy

So I really need to invest soon in a trolley as a few of the places I do I am sick of pulling out 60 odd metres of hose to clean 5 back windows, just think it's the way to go for some places and I seem to be getting more of these types including terraces… I will go for the new Xline 45L trolley as I think it looks sexy and I like the idea of 45L rather than 25L, but currently I just have a 650L tank with no fast fill outlet so can't fill a trolley from it currently, could any of you in the know explain in simple langauge what I need to buy and how to do it, if I think it is something I can do without dropping loads of nuts and washers in my tank i may have a go, failing that I will prob take it back to Xline and get them to put me a fill tap on.
Cheers
A sexy trolley !! Never heard that before ! :rofl::rofl: Thought that word only applied to me ! /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back